Wedding Party

What are your plans tonight?

I have decided that I will be picking up H from work and stealing him out for a surprise date. We have piles of gift cards from Christmas and moneys that I was not expecting for a few days have just dumped themselves into my bank account. I am resolved that we are going to be cool married people for as long as possible before the inevitable bitter old hagness begins, as the rest of you know so well ;)

Your turn.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
Photobucket

Re: What are your plans tonight?

• I'm sitting at my parents house doing my laundry. Our laundry room at the apartment complex sucks, and always ruins the clothes. Here, I get to enjoy some Bailey's while I watch reruns of True Blood. Bummed our new video games didn't come in though. Our date night is tomorrow... Mmmmm... Sushi...

Have fun!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Bdulli, you're a genius! I think we'll eat sushi! Or Gordon Biersch Brewery. Whichever I decide when I go get him.

*shakes fist at video games* Get here already!!

Photobucket
  • Yeah, major UPS fail. I have two day shipping through Amazon.com, and today would be day two. I tracked it and it was "rescheduled" for tomorrow. I am sure it has something to do with the snow, but seriously, it's already in New Jersey. Let's get it together.

We ordered the Michael Jackson Experience game, and Aerosmith Guitar Hero for Wii. Plus I got Sims Ambitions. I'm kind of a geek. It's fine.

Ooooh a brewery sounds good too. Every one I have been to always had great food. And well... you can't go wrong at a place so dedicated to beer, ya know?
  • We're so boring.  DH had a short day at work, so he's home now and we're watching Psych and poking around online.  Then I'll probably finish cleaning the bathroom, and I'll play Epic Mickey while he plays old NES ROMs.  Probably TV dinners.  You know you're jealous.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Ohhhh Epic Mickey.. I keep seeing that one, and really want to play. Don't know if I want to buy it though.
  • H hasn't PLAYED his Epic Mickey that I got him for Christmas yet. I'm soooo offended (not, we've been really busy with the mess that is our new apartment).

Aerin, we've been doing that all week basically. We went shopping for home furnishings today. I don't start the new job till Monday so I've been sitting at home watching episode after episode of the Tudors on Netflix and Knotting. I think, for the sake of my sanity, this time out will keep me from going REALLY crazy.

Photobucket
  • We just finished eating dinner. I am going to take a shower and get my pj's on and probably read and hang out online the rest of the night. H is doing some of his D&D dork stuff over at the table. I don't even try to figure out what he is doing until he asks me an opinion on some character names.
  • Ohh Epic Mickey! It looks like fun- I want to play, for some reason FI has something against renting it though. Boo. It's not often that I want or am even slightly interested in a videogame.

Tonight, I will sit at home and be thankful I have NO work on New Years. I am exhausted and dreading going back to school in a week :(
    Anniversary
  • I'm making dinner as we speak because I just got back from getting my ridiculously long Rapunzel hair shorn. It's amazing.  I'm just certain my 45 minute shower time will go down to 20 minutes. I also won't have to take breaks while brushing it (I know, right? Totally ridiculously long hair). Hooray!

Aerin, is Epic Mickey good? H and I have contemplated getting a Wii for a while now, but that might just be the game that pushes our "maaaybe in the future" into "Yes. Right now. Epic Mickey said so."
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:0d2c04b1-1b95-4d8e-92a0-488ad3d8f5f6">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohh Epic Mickey! It looks like fun- I want to play, for some reason FI has something against renting it though. Boo. It's not often that I want or am even slightly interested in a videogame. Tonight, I will sit at home and be thankful I have NO work on New Years. I am exhausted and dreading going back to school in a week :(
    Posted by palmettogirl924[/QUOTE]

Oh school. I'm so happy to be done with it.

What year are you?

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:5111bb92-2a99-4cfe-969a-ba7275d0ca8c">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What are your plans tonight? : Oh school. I'm so happy to be done with it. What year are you?
    Posted by Manwaithiel[/QUOTE]

I can not wait to be done. Ugh.. I am going into my first semester of senior year. I will graduate a semester early in Dec. 2011. Thank Jesus!
    Anniversary
  • I have the week off and I've been trying to use the time to get the apartment looking at least somewhat presentable, but it's really hard to stay motivated when I'm doing it on my own.  I spent a solid hour working on the kitchen yesterday, and it was the longest hour ever.  I kept thinking I was done, and I'd check the clock and only like five minutes had passed...  But we keep saying that the place only looks like a dump because we don't have time, and now I have time, so I really just have to buckle down and do it.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Aerin, we really want to organize this new pad, but we just DON'T have the storage to get all the crap put away in a presentable manner (I don't have a dresser or ANYTHING so I'm living out of space bags). I'm an organizing fiend, so it bothers me to no end, but I just keep telling myself that in a couple weeks I will be making gainful paychecks and will be able to furnish my little nest.

Palmetto, I did the same thing. Graduated last week a semester early. I loved teasing my friends about it! Enjoy your last couple semesters cause they are gonna flyyyyy.

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:33412a9b-0698-4d95-a5de-923f5f6ceecb">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Aerin, we really want to organize this new pad, but we just DON'T have the storage to get all the crap put away in a presentable manner (I don't have a dresser or ANYTHING so I'm living out of space bags). I'm an organizing fiend, so it bothers me to no end, but I just keep telling myself that in a couple weeks I will be making gainful paychecks and will be able to furnish my little nest. Palmetto, I did the same thing. Graduated last week a semester early. I loved teasing my friends about it! Enjoy your last couple semesters cause they are gonna flyyyyy.

Congrats- that is great! Yes, they will fly by and I'm sure someday I'll look back and wish I were still in school... just not anytime soon.
    Anniversary
  • DH isn't going to be home for another 45 minutes. I'm currently in the process of trying to bribe him with "wifely favors" in exchange for him bringing home White Castle, which I just got a craving for in the past 10 minutes.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Mmmm White Castle. Suddenly, pork tenderloin and asparagus doesn't sound so good.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:e52ffe92-fe2b-4919-9b1a-fe052c2a97a4">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]DH isn't going to be home for another 45 minutes. I'm currently in the process of trying to bribe him with "wifely favors" in exchange for him bringing home White Castle, which I just got a craving for in the past 10 minutes.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

Lol. "Wifely favors". I like it.

I have to wait another hour before DH gets off work. So...impatient...

Photobucket
  • I just got home from work and DH is making dinner.  We were on the road for 12 hours yesterday driving from Cincinnati to here so I'm pretty exhausted right now.

I must rant for a minute here.  I love my family and am happy that all but the grandparents are still here but...

My mom's brother invited himself and his family over to mom and dad's house for brunch the day after Christmas.  Somehow, DH's and my offer to make a couple of dishes to help her out turned into "Oh, Tricia and Chris will do the whole thing" for 14 people.  This was after we helped her do all the dishes from the huge family Christmas dinner the night before. 

We drove overnight Christmas Eve and got into town at 6:00 a.m.  My brothers live 10 and 25 minutes away and didn't help with anything.  When we were leaving mom mentioned that this was the most relaxing Christmas she's ever had.  No kidding.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    Trish, you should send your brother's a bill for your services =P And threaten to sue them if they don't comply.

Or I guess pour a glass of wine. That's probably the more sane option.

EDIT: I just realized that I called you "Trish". You've never been called Trish before and I always refer to you as "Trish" in my mind. Freudian slip and all that. Are you okay with that name? I ask because I have an abhorrence to the name "Katie" so I'm sensitive to nickname dislikes.

Photobucket
  • And score! He just texted me back saying "Anything for you, darling".

It's good to wear the boobs in my house Laughing

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:3297c729-6fda-48f0-bece-30cd78bdc40b">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mmmm White Castle. Suddenly, pork tenderloin and asparagus doesn't sound so good.
    Posted by Licia&Wayne[/QUOTE]

When The Crave calls, you can't ignore it.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:224ba178-560a-49fa-94a1-d0b1203c41ec">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Trish, you should send your brother's a bill for your services =P And threaten to sue them if they don't comply. Or I guess pour a glass of wine. That's probably the more sane option. EDIT: I just realized that I called you "Trish". You've never been called Trish before and I always refer to you as "Trish" in my mind. Freudian slip and all that. Are you okay with that name? I ask because I have an abhorrence to the name "Katie" so I'm sensitive to nickname dislikes.

It's ok.  I introduce myself to everyone as Tricia and everyone calls me Trish anyway.  One of the attorneys I used to work with realized this and took about 30 attorneys in Cleveland to task for this.  I didn't know until one was talking to me and it was, "So what do you thing Trish.." frozen midsentence remembering something..."a".  Only DH has ever called me Tricia consistently.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Except I would have to drive 2 hours to the nearest White Castle Cry

Where I live = Suck.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:41238de9-5893-4b92-8d1a-fed0f77629df">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Except I would have to drive 2 hours to the nearest White Castle Where I live = Suck.

DH agrees with you.  I offered to take him to White Castle while we were in Cincinnati but his craving for Skyline chili was greater.  He did get to have his wings at BW3s though.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Bahahahahaha!

Tricia (I will be sure to do this correctly, lol), you need to go back to pre-wedding parties. I'm playing with this new girl. She's a feisty one!

I hate White Castle. Does that make me a bad Knottie?

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:8d6233c0-f174-4b1a-944a-07721ee605c7">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Bahahahahaha! Tricia (I will be sure to do this correctly, lol), you need to go back to pre-wedding parties. I'm playing with this new girl. She's a feisty one! I hate White Castle. Does that make me a bad Knottie?

If it does then we're both bad knotties.

I'll check in a while.  I hear. DH finishing up downstairs and I haven't eaten anything except 6 vanilla creme cookies today.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • And by pre-wedding parties, I totally meant registering and gifts.

And I eagerly await your check in. This girl is having a meltdown over the disclaimer in your signature. Clearly you can't win these battles ;)

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:b060f2fd-86d9-4646-b78f-b849b14859b1">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm making dinner as we speak because I just got back from getting my ridiculously long Rapunzel hair shorn. It's amazing.  I'm just certain my 45 minute shower time will go down to 20 minutes. I also won't have to take breaks while brushing it (I know, right? Totally ridiculously long hair). Hooray! Aerin, is Epic Mickey good? H and I have contemplated getting a Wii for a while now, but that might just be the game that pushes our "maaaybe in the future" into "Yes. Right now. Epic Mickey said so."
    I have a hard time describing the game.  It's trying to combine several genres at once, and not always successfully.  There's the infamous camera issues, but I think a bigger problem is that it tries to do the open world sandbox thing but it's still pretty aggressively linear, so you can take all these side quests and then not be able to complete them because the area is inaccessible.  (That's part of why I'm writing a walkthrough, there's no good guide that really covers that info yet.)

But the story is solid and there's a lot that Disney nerds will appreciate (one quest lets you into Walt's apartment), and the good ending made me cry.  It's fun enough that, despite its many issues, I'm finishing up my second run and about to start on a third.  There's a lot of wasted potential there, but it's pretty solid and a decent length.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:41238de9-5893-4b92-8d1a-fed0f77629df">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Except I would have to drive 2 hours to the nearest White Castle Where I live = Suck.

GAH! How do you live like that?  Our closest one is 30 minutes away and that bothers me to no end.

We decided a while back that DH would have to get one helluva promotion for us to ever leave NJ ... and while it's mostly because the families are here and we grew up here, a small part of it is we want to live in a state where there's White Castle, lol.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_plans-tonight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:08cfc278-4ff6-499c-9678-6e2bd4408b9dPost:a5258465-b141-4c68-9818-70982e2135f1">Re: What are your plans tonight?</a>:
    [QUOTE]And by pre-wedding parties, I totally meant registering and gifts. And I eagerly await your check in. This girl is having a meltdown over the disclaimer in your signature. Clearly you can't win these battles ;)

Oh for the love of....

Which thread.  I'm about to change it to Shakespeare's witches chant in Macbeth.  Need to get out my anthology to make sure it's perfect.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards