Wedding Party

Help to Find Matron of Honour Dress

Hi - I've been searching and searching (online) for an appropriate dress for my sister, and wondered if anyone could help. My bridesmaids (4 of them) are all size 0 - 4. (My own regular dress size is 6). They are most likely wearing Jim Hjelm Occasions Style JH5935. We happened upon this dress when buying my own gown. The bridesmaids seem pretty much in love with it. I love it too, but don't care either way. They can all wear different dresses if they like, but they all like this one (in black). http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Spring/2009/Style-5935My sister is a larger woman (by larger I mean maybe a  size 14 or so - I'm not saying she's so large but compared to the size 0's she feels very large and self-conscious) with very large boobs. I want her to feel beautiful and confident (and comfortable) on my wedding day, too. She says she'll wear whatever, but I could tell that she was really uncomfortable in it. It didn't really look right. We talked about adding straps, but we're not sure that it'll look right on this dress. We talked about her wearing a different dress in the same fabric (tissue tafetta), like this one: http://www.jlmcouture.com/Jim-Hjelm-Occasions/Bridesmaid/Spring/2009/Style-5920but I'm still not sure about that one. I think it would over-emphasize what she's trying to hide. Does anyone know of a long, tissue taffeta dress with support or coverage for my sister's 'girls'?I appreciate any help or advice I can get! I want her to feel good on that day.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
BFP#1 - 8/27/10 - D&C 10/27/10 @ 13 weeks to Trisomy 18
Missing our Angel Baby Gabriel
BFP#2 - 3/18/11 - CP 3/19/11 BFP#3 - 4/27/11 - Due 1/9/12

Re: Help to Find Matron of Honour Dress

• I was just looking at that dress online for my bridesmaids or maid of honor. Most are small but a couple are big chest. So im guessing it doesn't look to good on the bigger ones. If you don't mind me asking how much is that dress? It is a beautiful dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards