Wedding Party

Bridesmaid/sister...allow a plus one?

My younger sister is one of my bridesmaids. She recently began dating someone and keeps mentioning to me and my family that we will all meet him at my wedding. The only thing is, I never planned on having her bring a date to the wedding, especially since she isn't in a long-term relationship with anyone.Our wedding is small (~60 guests) and we are only including guests' significant others if they are married, engaged, living together, or have been together for a long time. It's not really an issue about money, it's more that we only want people there who we are really close to. We want to keep the wedding small and intimate and not have random people there. So I delicately informed my sister of this and she flipped out on me saying that all weddings allow plus ones and that she's my sister, she's a bridesmaid, blah, blah, blah. I realize she is spending money to come to the wedding...the dress, plane tix, the hotel, etc. So is it wrong for me not to allow her to bring this guy? Another big thing is that her boyfriend is currently separated from his wife, but still wears his wedding ring. I honestly don't think this relationship will turn out well, and the last thing I want is for this random guy to be in my wedding pics. Also, all of my sister's relationships consist of her and her boyfriends breaking up and getting back together over and over again. Maybe this relationship is for real, maybe not. I just don't want to risk it. Please help! Thanks!!!

Re: Bridesmaid/sister...allow a plus one?

• my biggest question on this is why does she want to bring her married boyfriend to the wedding? seriously if I was fooling around with a married man I wouldn't want anyone in my fam to know let alone everyone in my fam plus everyone in my new BIL's fam.  and I agree with pp who stated that if he's still wearing the ring he's not seperated.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards