Wedding Party

Opinions on having 2 BM Dresses

I have 8 girls in my BP and dall are different shapes and sizes.  Two coming off pregnancies and two potential, but at this point would not be more than 6 months.   I thought it would be a good idea to have two different dress options and whatever they feel comfy in, they can have as long as the split between dresses is 4-4 or 3-5.Has anyone done this with two completely different dresses (but they are by the same designer, same color, and both two tones, with the same color sash).Do you think it would be too much for pictures.www.saisonblanche.com/product_info.php?products_id=258andwww.saisonblanche.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_32&products_id=50 TIA for all advice/opinions

Re: Opinions on having 2 BM Dresses

• I think it's great if you let them pick a designer and then let them pick any style as long as they're the same length and color.  Just make sure that:1) You check with them first to know that the dress is in their budget.2) You don't over stress it either.It's fine if you don't have an even # of girls in the different dresses.  When they're all the same color and fitted to them, people will notice how great they look - not that some are in strapless and some are not.BTW, those are lovely dresses.
  • My only thought is that if you are requiring a certain number of girls to wear dress A and a certain number to wear dress B, what are you going to do if an overwhelming number want A and no one wants B?  Tell some of your friends that they have to switch to the other dress?I think its great that you're giving them a choice but I think you should maybe take a step back and realize no one is going to be counting how many are in each dress, ya know?
  • Don't ask them to "split" the dresses evenly. Just give them option A and option B and leave it at that. No one's going to judge you for the asymmetry of your dresses, and you won't notice or care on the day itself.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I think it's a very good idea to let them pick their own styles, or to give them a choice between two (just be sure you go shopping with them first and make sure they like the choices). I've seen it in other weddings and it always looks nice. Here's a girl from my local board whose BMs are in two different dresses from the same designer - I thought it looked awesome: http://www.dlauphoto.com/blog/?p=93I think it's unnecessary to demand that they split evenly, though. That seems to defeat the purpose of letting them pick the style that they feel the most comfortable in. Here's another pic (IHeartTim's bio): http://www.boutwellstudio.com/fun-2006/060422_i.jpg
  • Both dress styles are lovely. I think it's great you're giving them a choice. I wouldn't stress the split between who chooses what. So what if you have 6 in one style and 2 in the other? They'll all have selected the dress they're most comfortable wearing and their comfort will show in appearing more relaxed and happy with the attire...which is more imrpotant than worrying about symmetry.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • i agree with all of the pp's, i would let them choose the style they want and it doesn't matter if more have one shape over another.  (for some reason, most girls i've seen tend to gravitate towards strapless)on another note, if you think 2 of them might become pregnant, this can be a very difficult fabric for that.  it's not really something you need to worry about, but since you mentioned it, i thought i'd point it out.  a softer, more pliable fabric might be a better choice.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • My friend did something where some of the BM's had one color, some had a different color and then some had a print that incorporated both colors, and I think she let them choose the styles too - and I heard it looked awesome (I unfortunately couldn't make it for the wedding.) I personally think that you'll end up with better pics if you make sure the BM's feel comfortable and love what they're wearing rather than worrying about how good the dresses look together.
  • I only had 2 BMs but they had different dresses:
  • thank you all for your help. You all have great advice. I forgot to mention that there is a $50 dollar difference between the two. I wanted to make sure that there was a less expensive option for the girls who are having a little harder financially. Four of them came with me and saw them in person. I know that they like both of them, and two of the four were the possible pregnancies, so I know they liked the choices and didn't have a problem with them. From first pick online for everyone, and the four who saw them in person, it sounds like its going to be split 5-3 which Im very happy about. But like a few of you said, it probably wouldnt matter anyway if the numbers didnt split perfectly. I just got nervous that one person would be all by themselves with a different dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards