Wedding Party

Bridesmaid shoes...

What color shoes should I have everyone wear with Navy dresses??? I am not having them buy specific shoes, as I do not want them to have to spend extra money. But, I do prefer atleast the same color of shoe. Black? Gold? Ivory? My wedding dress is ivory with a gold/champagne ribbon/bow around the waste. And, I am planning on doing pearl jewlery to accent with their dresses. Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid shoes...

• I think I would go with gold shoes with the navy dresses - especially if they will be wearing pearl jewelry and your accents are champagne/gold as well.
  • Silver, gold or black.
  • Black, gold, silver are all good options w/ navy.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Gold or silver is fine. They pretty much go with everything. Black, I honestly don't think goes w/Navy that well. That's just my opinion, though.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I agree with meg: I don't like how black looks with navy either.  Any metallic shoe could be pretty.  Ivory is nice too.
  • Ivory shoes would be pretty to coordinate with their pearl jewelry. They don't have to coordinate with your dress, per se, but the gold shoes would be another nice option with navy and could certainly compliment your dress details. Black doesn't really go with navy so I would avoid that color for the shoes.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Gold or ivory definitely since either of those will match your dress or the accessories.  Sounds lovely!
  • i was going to say silver, but if the detail on the dress is gold/champagne, i would definitely say do a gold shoe to match that.  i don't really see anyone wearing an ivory shoe again, but a gold shoe they could definitely wear with jeans!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Gold to bronze would look nice with ivory.
  • I've asked my BMs to wear silver shoes with the navy dress and suggested wearing pearls if they have them.  I think pearls and silver look fine together.  Most of them had silver shoes already though.  Aside from black, I would go with whatever all of them have.  (I don't really like black and navy together)
  • I'd avoid ivory shoes unless they all have fabric ones.  It's hard for me to find ivory shoes that don't look like there a bit 'old' for me.I'd go with a metallic neutral - even different metallics would be fine IMO.
  • Gold, tan or medium brown. Not black with navy.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I'm not a fan of black with navy nor do I care for the idea of ivory shoes.I do think any metallic shoe would be great.
  • I would go for ivory or champagne.  I was in my friends wedding this summer, she had chosen navy dresses with gold shoes (we could pick the shoes).  I had such a hard time finding gold shoes and ended up calling her for an alternate color.  Plus, personally I'm on a tight budget and the shoes I found I will most probably wear again, however the gold shoes...that wouldn't of happened.
  • I also agree that you should not do black with Navy...but silver would also look good
  • Thanks everyone. Black is out, and I am going to see if my BMs prefer gold/champagne or ivory.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards