Wedding Party
Options

This is horrible!

I found this on this website: http://www.mahalo.com/how-to-choose-your-wedding-party How should you deal with awkward situations? Follow these creative solutions for when a family member or long-time friend technically belongs in your wedding party but just doesn't fit the in with the style, budget or personality of the wedding. Switching sides: If you don't like your bride's brother, for example, and can't imagine having him tag along at your bachelor party as a groomsman, request that she include him in the bridal party. Small duties: Honor this person with a different role in the wedding ceremony such as ushering or delivering a reading. Leave it to chance: If you just can't afford the extra bridesmaid or groomsmen, tell both that you'd like to include them but that you have to make a random choice. Then, have them flip a coin or pick a number to determine who's in and who's out.
My Grandparents on their wedding day.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
bio
Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.

Re: This is horrible!

• Options
    That is awful! Is it for real? Flip a coin?!
  • Options
    *facepalm*

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    This is my favorite line: but just doesn't fit the in with the style, budget or personality of the wedding. Oh crap, I didn't know my wedding was suppose to have a personality!
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    "I'm sorry, but your overweight/badly dyed hair/tattooed self doesn't fit the 'style' of my wedding: we were going for that whole 'skinny, perfectly coifed, un-inked' look"

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I know you are my sister, but I only want natural blondes in my wedding. Don't be offended, it's just the style we are going for.
    bio
  • Options
    "FI, I know you and your brother are really close and you wanted him as the BM and all ... but babe, he's an accountant ... and our wedding's personality is supposed to be 'fun'. He's lucky that we're still willing to put him on the guest list at this point!"

• Options
    Sorry best friend, but our wedding personality is about getting married, not babies, so no pregnant people allowed.
    bio
  • Options
    I'm going to use one of my mother's favorite expressions here:  "The paper doesn't refuse ink."Just because you see something in print does not mean that it's acceptable to do so!  Ugh. 
  • Options
    i have a feeling we are going to start seeing girls on "Bridezillas" quoting this as gospel...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    "According to MarthaStewart.com, a typical wedding has four to six pairs of bridesmaids and groomsmen and a larger wedding could have up to 12 pairs."It's true... Martha Stewart is a witch... the evil kind."Leave it to chance: If you just can't afford the extra bridesmaid or groomsmen, tell both that you'd like to include them but that you have to make a random choice. Then, have them flip a coin or pick a number to determine who's in and who's out."Awesome. Should I use a random penny or does this event call for a whole quarter?
  • Options
    Ooh, ooh, oooooh! I can't believe I just thought of this now but:They should market a "decider coin". Seriously. If you're going to "coin toss" over whether or not somebody's in, then there should be a special coin (That costs no less than $15.00) that you have to flip to make the decision. I don't have a specific design in mind, but there should be a disclaimer advising that if you DON'T use that specific coin to make a "cut" in your BP, then you're legally obligated to ask everybody that you've ever met.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards