Wedding Party
Options

Head Table Related

Since this has been a hot topic...We are not doing a head table (for all of the reasons listed before), but are seating all of the non-family WP where they would usually sit (ie with their date at a table with their friends) and want to have a table with our siblings and then a parents table.  The siblings table with have us, plus 6 (siblings with sig. others).  These siblings will have a total of 5 kids-the only kids invited to the wedding (they ones that can walk will be in the wedding).  Where do we put them?  With the grandparents?  That's a lot of kids for the grandparents to handle-it doesn't seem fair for them.  Hand them off to a babysitter (or at least the youngest ones)?  Ages will be 5, 3, 2, 1, and infant (if mom and baby can come).

Re: Head Table Related

• Options
    Not with the grandparents, they will be on childcare duty and that's not fair to them. Unless they offer, of course. But it wouldn't be appropriate to ask them. Those kids are awfully young to be separated from mom and dad who are sitting just over there. I would nix the idea of a sibling table and have them sit w/ their kids.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    I'm admit I'm tired, but there are a lot of numbers in that post.  All I read was this:As I was going to St Ives I met a man with seven wives Each wife had seven sacks Each sack had seven cats Each cat had seven kits Kits, cats, sacks, wives How many were going to St IvesPlease tell me this isn't a math question.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'd group the families as units for the seating. Have parents sit with their children. The grandparents really should be put on childcare duty unless they volunteer for it. I would just make sure that if this spans multiple tables, to make sure all of the table are next to each other.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Tide: 1 Sorry, I had to do it.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Tide, is it one? It's one right?! Oh wait, that wasn't the question.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dang, meg beat me to it.
    It's a girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    One! Only I was going to St. Ives!
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    Tide: You're right.  Too many numbers, especially for a Friday afternoon.I'm actually starting to warm up to the babysitter taking the kids into the house for dinner.  The reception will be in a tent outside my parents house. 
  • Options
    Somehow I ended up sitting behind these people on the train who were arguing over something like the St. Ives thing (I think the actual question was "how many legs").  They missed the point and were trying, and failing miserably, to do the math.  Then the next day, I was sitting in front of some people who had also been in earshot, and started discussing the conversation, eventually going through the exact same motions.Oh, the joys of public transit.  I need an iPod, for serious.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    what time is your wedding taking place?  if it's late afternoon/evening, these are ages where they are going to be asleep at 7pm at the latest.  i think the babysitter is the best idea.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    She didn't say she was passing the kids off to the grandparents.  She said she realizes that doesn't seem fair for them.  She asked for advice on what to do with them.I say go for the sitter...especially since it's at your parents' house.  Your siblings can go inside and check on the kids periodically and make sure everything's okay.   
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Now I want to see Die Hard with a Vengeance again.
  • Options
    "Ages will be 5, 3, 2, 1, and infant"I would keep them with their parents... especially the 1 year old.
  • Options
    Kids that age need to be sitting with their parents.  I'm sorry, but unfortunately you may need to rethink the sibling table.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    And after reading your follow-up, I wouldn't leave 5 kids that age with one sitter.  You need two sitters at a minimum.  I would think that the parents would prefer to have their children eating with them.
    Kate ~ Mommy to Matthew 3/29/07 & Kylie 12/30/08 & Chase 3/31/11
  • Options
    I'd ask the parents where they wanted the children to sit.   It may mean altering your seating arrangement so that the children are sitting with their parents.
  • Options
    Our kids (age 2 and 7) are sitting with grandparents AND the sitter (the grandparents offered to help, but I want them to be able to get up and visit and focus on people who come visit them at their table, hence the sitter.) That is, unless the kids end up putting their plates on the floor or under the table or any other number of things kids like to do when they eat. Make sure whereever you seat the kids, there is a responsible adult for each child 3 and under (the 5 yr old is probably able to eat with minimal assitance without making a mess.) And make sure you have high chairs/booster seats (kids are easier to control in a high chair.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards