Wedding Party
Options

attendant gifts

My DH just thought of the best bridal party gifts! We are getting everyone magazine subscriptions (I'm putting the girls in eco-friendly totes)! It's easy, keeps on giving, they will truly enjoy it (unlike some dumb nicknack w/our names on it) and relatively cheap! Just wanted to share this great idea!

Re: attendant gifts

• Options
    That is a great idea! Just find out their favorite mag... that's perfect! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    Oooh, what kind of mags are you giving them?
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Although I like it (because I like magazines) this is not very eco friendly.....
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Options
    Depending on your BP, I would advocate adding to the gift. I love magazines, however if I was BM and I bought the dress, paid for alterations, maybe shoes and did the "traditional" BM stuff of throwing showers, bachelorette parties and maybe day of stuff, I'd really think that a magazine subscription as the only gift is on the cheap side. I love it as part of a collection of items though.
  • Options
    I would LOVE that as a gift.  I don't think it's cheap in a bad, cheesy gift kind of way.  I think it's cheap in the sense that you just found a cool gift your BM would love that doesn't cost a lot of money!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the irony of a mag in an eco-friendly tote! I also agree you might want to beef up the gift.
  • Options
    I guess it depends on the magazine.  A 1-year subscription of my favorite weekly magazine costs like $65 or maybe a little more.  Although, I don't think price should be the main issue.  You could make a personalized tote bag and put some cute little things inside (maybe some inexpensive jewelry or bath/body type stuff) and include notice of the magazine subscription and I think that'd be great.  I'd definitely love to receive that as a gift.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For my bridesmaids, I'm gonna make a personalized stocking and put their gift in there.
  • Options
    You could make a personalized tote bag Please just consider what your bridesmaids will do with this after.  I agree its kind of cute looking, but I rarely use mine because I don't like walking around with a bag with my name on it.  I would have MUCH preferred to receive a cute patterned or colored tote that wasn't personalized- I would at least have used that for groceries or something.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards