Wedding Party
Options

A must read- because I don't know what to do.

I've been planning my wedding since November 2010.
My wedding date is April 14, 2012.

I had some drama with my first maid of honor. My weddding ( in my head! ) is going to be very unique and elegant. My first moh didn't like EVERYTHING that I was planning- and was very stand offish. I think she was a little jealous that I was having a wedding and she didn't. My mom says it's the "maid-of-honor" curse. Anyways- after a series of emails of her calling me a high maintance bridezilla- I decided to cut her. I've been nothing but an understanding bride- and I value their input so much. I let them picked their dresses- and hair- and everything. I mean- I have the final say-so but it's worked out so far- just not with her.

So I through a twist- and decided to have a maid of honor and a man of honor. My best friend is a guy. He was standing over on my husbands side- but I took him and now he's standing on mine. ( We threw his sister on his side to have a groomswoman ) Since my friend is a dude- I appointed my next best moh to "help" him plan certain events. He's super sweet and is very involved. So she's basically been filling in and helping out. Which worked out very nicely considering I have 1 bridesmaid that is a military wife- 1 bridesmaid out of town 4 hours away- and 1 bridesmaid that has no clue about "girlie" stuff at all.

I love them all- and I'm very thankful they are all in my wedding.

However- My maid of honor now- is getting married. To someone that she dated 10 years ago- and it just seemed like it was an overnight thing- like they woke up and were like let's plan a wedding. They aren't even offically engaged yet- no ring. She asked me to be her maid of honor- and I accepted. I thought they would pick a more sensable date.

She choose a date- 2 weeks after I get back from my own honeymoon.

There's just no way I can swing this.

I understand it's her wedding- and I would be more than happy to be her maid of honor- but I can't plan two weddings at once- and I don't even know how she's going to continue helping me- and being my rock. I also didn't think of the extra expense that comes with it- because I thought I'd have time. I would be a kick ass maid of honor- but this gives me NO time to plan events, and get togethers, and bridal showers.

Every extra cent we make- goes to our wedding.

Someone please lend me any kind of advice. Frown

J&T
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards