Texas-San Antonio

Help! Band and Rehersal Dinner Ideas

Hi! The boy and I are hoping to get a band. Something fun and not traditional wedding "dance" music. We're thinking maybe something with a Spanish flair? Also, we're looking for rehearsal dinner options down on the riverwalk. Something fun and different. Fancy not needed. Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Re: Help! Band and Rehersal Dinner Ideas

• MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no idea how much they would cost or if they even do weddings, but Sexto Sol is a popular local "latin soul" band and they are really good. They are on facebook and they really are an incredible band. DH and I have enjoyed every show we've seen. Dinners on the riverwalk can get really pricey. DH and I went the inexpensive route and did our rehearsal dinner at the Spaghetti Warehouse. It's not the most glamorous, but you're still downtown and it's like $12 per person which was the cheapest I found in town.
    Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    We had ours at Pico De Gallo. Not on the Riverwalk, but in downtown and it has free parking.Our RD came out to about $10 pp.
  • edited December 2011
    Claire, I researched rehearsal dinner on the Riverwalk HUGE TIME.  TX Land and Cattle had the least expensive packages (starting around $17) but I never toured their rooms.  The County Line was also relatively inexpensive but they don't have a private room so you would actually be in a part of the main dining room and have to be seated by 6:30.  Out of all the places I saw, the most unique would definitely be all the rooms that the Boudro's group has.  They have a gorgeous one called the Wine Cellar (under Zinc Bar) but it won't work for us because there are only stairs to access the room and we have a couple of disabled g-parents.  None of their rooms are actually on the river, actually across Commerce street but they are in an old bank and they have some super cool spaces for all sized groups.   My personal favorite was actually Landry's (ironic because I hate seafood).  For being such a nice place, their per person dinner packages were super reasonable (i.e. dessert and salad included).  They seat you upstairs and if your rehearsal dinner is on a Friday night, they have a live jazz band in the bar outside the room so you kind of get free entertainment.  The room is beautiful and opens out onto the Riverwalk so it's kind of indoor/outdoor if you have as many people coming as we do.  I think we are going to end up going with Paesano's, which has a neat outdoor/covered/heated space for rehearsal dinners.  All of the places I toured had awesome catering managers so let me know and I can look for contact info for you.  Sorry this ended up being so long!   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I guess I should mention that I ruled out all the Mexican restaurants on the river because we're having Mexican food at the reception.  With that being said, several of the other restaurants I talked to recommended Rio Rio and I think they have some nice rooms. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • jgilbergjgilberg member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I might also suggest Rio Rio, since they have a nice space on the river.~Julie
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our RD at Casa Rio on the Riverwalk...They have a great room for it and the food is so yummy!
  • edited December 2011
    We're having ours at The Menger in a beautiful private room with a balcony that looks out onto the Alamo.  Their prices were pretty reasonable (as far as Riverwalk restaurants go).  My favorite was also Boudro's - they had several private rooms with different feels, but they were more expensive and their menus were a little ridged (we have some vegetarians and allergy issues).  You could check out Biga, they are expensive, but their food is superb.  We also looked at The Tower and were actually impressed with their menu and thought the idea of it was cool, but our party was too big for their rooms - they also had the nicest event manager.
  • edited December 2011
    You guys are all awesome! Thanks so much for the great ideas!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards