Wedding Party

**Trix**

You seem to have a bullseye on your back this week.  I truly can't tell why!  Either the world's gone topsy-turvy or we've got a flock of beebees like we haven't seen in some time.
Courtesy of megk8oz
"I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.

Re: **Trix**

• I vote for option #2.  They began to emerge a couple of weeks ago.  I think every bitter old hag has been insulted by at least one.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Yeah, but Trix never gets singled out because, well, she's Trix!  It's like insulting Banana--it's such a crime against nature that somewhere, a butterfly dies.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I know.  If only they knew that Trix is who most of us want to be when we grow up.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • I like how Trix was referred to as the Den Mother in one of the posts. I love that because that's kind of how I think of her.
  • Oh my goodness, thanks!  I think you just gave me my moment of the day!  Well, that and our youngest called to say she'd like to come home for new year's.  She'll get here today!  Yay!!

Confession time:  I was a little excited that I finally had a quote to put in a suggy.  I feel kind of official in the "old married hags organization"  aka OMHO.  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Wow. The girl in your sig asked a lot of questions. Like... more than most five year olds I know.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I love Trix even though she is "giddy about her rudeness'. Or in other words, she is honest and has a sense of humor.

• Trix is awesome. She tells people like it is, and I love that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:67d50deb-d072-405f-a9c9-bca0c1b00c5b">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, but Trix never gets singled out because, well, she's Trix!  It's like insulting Banana--it's such a crime against nature that somewhere, a butterfly dies.
    Posted by bablingbrooke[/QUOTE]

I've found myself getting more bent out of shape over somebody calling Banana rude than myself. I'm more than aware that I can get snippy. But Banana? Rude? Aw hell to the no!

And I loves Trix! She reminds me of my mom, when my mom isn't being a crazy person. And my mom is awesome when she's not being a crazy person.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I must have missed Palegirl's comment.  I'm assuming we'll have a couple of months of the newbs before we get back to normal.  Hopefully some of them will stick around long enough to get the hang of the boards and stop being overly sensitive.

ETA: Trix, I love your new disclaimer.  I think you'll be using it a lot in the next few months.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I think it's probably because Trix, and several other posters, rather than reading through an OP's entire post and thinking about what she's actually saying, will immediately assume that she's a bridezilla or is asking something unreasonable or is being selfish. I've come across a couple of threads like that lately, and while it's not just Trix who does it, she does have the most um.... abrasive way of putting things out of most of the responders.

Trix often gives good advice, and I've seen as many posts where she's shown sympathy and care in her response as she has forthrightness, but there have been a couple lately that surprised me because I didn't read the OP the same way she did.

I really like TK, and I like the message boards and reading the advice and helping other brides out if I feel like I have something helpful to say, but I'm a little annoyed at the posters who come on and have nothing more constructive to say than "You're dumb" or "You're a brat" to some poor girl who just doesn't realize that a bridal shower is NOT hers to plan. Those of us who are just stepping into the arena of being brides, and who don't have a whole slew of married friends... we don't always know that. And sometimes we ask what, to others with more experience, might seem like stupid or selfish questions... and granted there are some real bridezillas who I've seen post on here... but some of us are just ignorant. And not willfully so - that's WHY we're asking.

In the Pre-Wedding Parties section there's a thread called "Wedding Showers - I'm Afraid I won't Have One", and I winced, thinking that the poor OP was probably going to be eviscerated by the time I got there... instead, a slew of helpful, thoughtful answers that didn't assume the worst of her had already been posted, which made me feel better about wanting to continue to be part of the TheKnot.

I know this thread wasn't directed at me, but this issue is something that's been bothering me for a couple of days, and I noticed that most of the PPs here are posters whom I tend to admire for their insight, and who 95% of the time give great advice, but whom, on occasion, I have noticed will assume the worst of the OP and say things that are downright rude. I admit, I cheer when I see that happen to obvious Bridezillas, but lately I've noticed it happening to new brides who just don't know any better.

So if anyone feels that they have a target on them, it might be because they have, in turn, been making assumptions and targeting others who didn't actually deserve it.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • I can understand your point, LoveMuffins, but heres the thing.

I too, am a relatively new poster to TK. I have never been flamed. Why? Because I have common sense. It should be common sense that you don't make demands of your friends and family, that you don't "remove" people from your bridal party because they got pregnant, and OH EM GEE it is going to just RUIN the matching dresses, etc. The answers people get here are not sugar coated, nor should they be. If you (you, meaning anyone) come off as a self absorbed person, you'll get an answer responding to that attitude. A lot of the problem lies with the fact that people don't bother to look around at all to see if anyone has asked their question recently-- and usually those questions that get flamed, are questions that people are sick of answering, because they are asked every day or every other day. I know that personally, I am sick of hearing people ask about throwing themselves a shower or removing bridesmaids. If they clicked on the link two posts down, they would have their answers.

People like Trix, Brooke, TLDH, Stage, and the rest are valuable resources for those of us still planning. They've been there and done that, and they are voices of reason when we need them. If you show them respect by doing some research, being kind, and using proper grammer, you will almost always get a respectful answer in return. Some people who post post knowing the answers to their questions, and you can tell by reading their posts and responses-- they are just looking for validation. People here won't validate bad ideas. Period.

A little research through previous posts, a well written question, and some respect (not just for the readers, but for the people you are posting about) really do go a long way on this board. And sometimes, people just have a bad day and may not respond like themselves, which is okay too-- I think we have all done it.
  • Thanks bdulli!!

I was hoping one of the "youngsters" would respond because having one of the regs say what you did would come across as "When I was your age..."
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:27f7c80c-1509-486e-8e27-21852177d3ac">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think it's probably because Trix, and several other posters, <u>rather than reading through an OP's entire post and thinking about what she's actually saying</u>, will immediately assume that she's a bridezilla or is asking something unreasonable or is being selfish.</strong>I've come across a couple of threads like that lately, and while it's not just Trix who does it, she does have the most um.... abrasive way of putting things out of most of the responders. <strong>Trix often gives good advice, and I've seen as many posts where she's shown sympathy and care in her response as she has forthrightness, but there have been a couple lately that surprised me because<u> I didn't read the OP the same way she did.</u> </strong>I really like TK, and I like the message boards and reading the advice and helping other brides out if I feel like I have something helpful to say, but I'm a little annoyed at the posters who come on and have nothing more constructive to say than "You're dumb" or "You're a brat" to some poor girl who just doesn't realize that a bridal shower is NOT hers to plan. Those of us who are just stepping into the arena of being brides, and who don't have a whole slew of married friends... we don't always know that. And sometimes we ask what, to others with more experience, might seem like stupid or selfish questions... and granted there are some real bridezillas who I've seen post on here... but some of us are just ignorant. And not willfully so - that's WHY we're asking. In the Pre-Wedding Parties section there's a thread called "Wedding Showers - I'm Afraid I won't Have One", and I winced, thinking that the poor OP was probably going to be eviscerated by the time I got there... instead, a slew of helpful, thoughtful answers that didn't assume the worst of her had already been posted, which made me feel better about wanting to continue to be part of the TheKnot. I know this thread wasn't directed at me, but this issue is something that's been bothering me for a couple of days, and I noticed that most of the PPs here are posters whom I tend to admire for their insight, and who 95% of the time give great advice, but whom, on occasion, I have noticed will assume the worst of the OP and say things that are downright rude. I admit, I cheer when I see that happen to obvious Bridezillas, but lately I've noticed it happening to new brides who just don't know any better. So if anyone feels that they have a target on them, it might be because they have, in turn, been making assumptions and targeting others who didn't actually deserve it.
    Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

Just because Trix didn't read something the same exact way<strong> you</strong> did, doesn't mean she didn't read the question <strong>at all</strong>.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I definitely agree that some of these girls questions could have been answered if they'd read previous posts, but often people get excited and so immediately want an answer to their own question. And sometimes, the boards get filled up, and who wants to go back two or three pages reading every post when they want a quick answer?

I definitely agree with you on the girls who are bridezillas and deserve the kick in the butt, but I've also seen a case where in the middle of a post the bride said she would be "ok" with it if the pregnant bridesmaid didn't want to be in the wedding party, and people jumped all over her for "wanting" to kick the pregnant bridesmaid out - which is not what she said at all. She just didn't want her friend to feel "forced" to be in the WP just because she'd already said yes, if she didn't want to be standing up there the day of with swollen ankles and a bulge.

I hate it when a girl gets jumped all over because she WANTS her wedding to be "matchy-matchy". What's so wrong with that? No it doesn't have to be, but why does she get told that she's too demanding because she wants it to be and she asked if anyone knew where she could find something that would match? Some of the rudest posts I've seen don't even answer a girl's question, they tell her that she's rude for even asking it! Why can't it just be said that, "That's actually considered rude, because..." or "You don't have to have an even bridal party, but if you really want one why not consider having a guy friend be an honor attendant instead of a bridesmaid?" rather than just yelling at the OP that she's too demanding?

So far I haven't been flamed either, but I think if I hadn't been in  my best friend's wedding last year, I would have been. Before that, I didn't know that the bride didn't have anything to do with planning the Bridal Shower or Bachlorette Party. I didn't know about honor attendants. I like having an even numbered bridal party and I don't see anything wrong with that. And, there are instances where if someone is just being a jerk to the bride, I think she should be able to kick the girl out of her WP. Not if she wants to save the friendship, obviously, but if she doesn't and the person is being a bitch... why are bridesmaidzillas acceptable when a bridezilla is not?

Granted, the vast number of PPs posts on other threads are really great and I've learned a lot from them already. But if someone wants to know why they're being "targeted"... well, I think it's because there have been times when they've stopped being helpful and just been mean or rude. Which, tends to be especially ironic when they're giving a lecture on how rude/selfish/awful they think the OP is.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:948f9fc3-1917-4434-95d8-379cd4c8b540">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Trix** : Just because Trix didn't read something the same exact way you did, doesn't mean she didn't read the question at all .
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that. =)  But I do think that there are times when a response is made and it's obvious that Trix (or whoever) has assumed the WORST of the OP, rather than the Best or even somewhere in the middle.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Haha, overall I agree with you, but I also feel like outright insults are just as rude as what the OP might write. And for the most part I think that the regs do a fantastic job. It's just been in the past couple days that I've noticed a lot of flaming going on, and often it seems to be because the posters assume the OP is a Bridezilla.

Since it was brought up on a board pointing out that Trix had a target on her, I don't know if I agree with that sentiment, but I have noticed a lot of people responding negatively to some of her more abrasive posts, and since it was a public post I shared my view on why that might be happening. However, that being sad, I agree with everything you've said.

But I do also think everyone should check out the thread I mentioned in the Pre-Wedding Parties section. I think it's a great example of all the responders assuming the BEST of the bride, telling her that it's not her job to throw the shower and that it's a gift not a right, but without a single person being rude or insulting her.
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:e85fada9-a35e-4195-b577-85f0a39fc21b">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Trix** : I didn't say that. =)  But I do think that there are times when a response is made and it's obvious that Trix (or whoever) has assumed the WORST of the OP, rather than the Best or even somewhere in the middle.

Again, that may not be the way you choose to read the question. But just like nobody can dictate how somebody else posts, nobody can dictate how a question is interpreted. If the OP is providing information (Or lack thereof) indicative that the worst <strong>can</strong> be assumed of her, then nobody is to blame but the OP if the worst <strong>is</strong> assumed of her.

• Thanks bdulli!

LoveMuffins, I think there's a belief among a lot of engaged women (or not engaged women) that a bride cannot be questioned, should be validated, and that every idea she has is a good one because it's her wedding.  After roughly 2 1/2 years (yikes!) of posting here, I've found that I read things very differently than I did when I got here.  I refuse to be held responsible for things OPs didn't include in their posts (how the hell am I supposed to know if this is the whole story?  I have to assume it is) and I also refuse to validate bad ideas.  If people don't like advice, they don't have to take it, but calling out everyone and going down in a ball of flames isn't necessary, no matter the intensity of the advice you got.  Don't like what you hear?  Don't do it.  Don't post a rude response, just walk away.  But to insult Trix is like whoa.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:61cef695-db04-4920-b4e6-7c465749db70">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Trix** : Haha, I agree... but there are times when it's not the OP that starts the name calling, and I've seen more of that in the past week then I did when I first joined (which was like, a month ago).  Personally I would love it if no one used insults, as funny as some of them can be. I actually had some chick tell me the other day that if people don't want to hear mean comments they should go back to pre-school... which I guess she decided she didn't need manners after the age of 4? Not really sure.  It's just an overall hostile tone of the board for the past week that's made it a little bit less enjoyable to be on, for me personally, and I think some of the tone is set by the regs. <strong>Thanks for not flaming me... I was pretty sure that you guys would read and consider, and it was nice to be right about that =)
    </strong>Posted by LoveMuffins[/QUOTE]

Why would we have flamed you?  Your posts were well thought out and well written.  There was no room for misinterpretation. 

What I've seen on the threads recently is when another new poster tries to come to the defense of the OP and a very bad idea (OP 9 times out of 10 was being treated kindly) by attacking the regs.  That's where the threads have been turning nasty.  It hasn't been just on this board; it's all over.  I've had newbs have complete meltdowns over my old signature and been told to get a life and get off the boards. At one point I finally told an OP to go ahead and bomb her guests with glitter but be prepared for the consequences.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:3fe78861-a93c-4764-8c03-ddf290a051de">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha, overall I agree with you, but I also feel like outright insults are just as rude as what the OP might write. And for the most part I think that the regs do a fantastic job. It's just been in the past couple days that I've noticed a lot of flaming going on, and often it seems to be because the posters assume the OP is a Bridezilla. Since it was brought up on a board pointing out that Trix had a target on her, I don't know if I agree with that sentiment, but I have noticed a lot of people responding negatively to some of her more abrasive posts, and since it was a public post I shared my view on why that might be happening. However, that being sad, I agree with everything you've said. But I do also think everyone should check out the thread I mentioned in the Pre-Wedding Parties section. I think it's a great example of all the responders assuming the BEST of the bride, telling her that it's not her job to throw the shower and that it's a gift not a right, but without a single person being rude or insulting her.

I do know which thread you are talking about, and it was well responded-- because the OP admitted to not knowing what she was doing, stated what she had heard in the past and her uncertainty with it, and asked what the correct procedure was. We can't all assume that every bride that posts has no idea about weddings at all. Giving brief background as to why you are asking a question is super helpful, and that is why that OP got the help she was looking for in a kind manner.

The regs do frequently set the tone of the boards, this is true. And some boards will be more civil than others. For the most part, they do a great job of setting the tone-- when the posts aren't repetitive and poorly written. There was a post just yesterday here by a girl asking if she should have this stupid girl (her words) who is her sister in law in her wedding-- and called her stupid probably five times in the post. Obv., whether or not her question is valid, she is going to get flamed because she was a snot.

Anyway, I think you get how it works. And maybe we can chalk part of it up to everyone's holiday/ end of semester/ work stresses (because I know I sure have them) plus the influx of Christmas engagements and OH EM GEE SQUEEEEEE! brides who have come on the boards this week driving everyone nuts with repetitive, rude, and terribly written posts. Maybe people have been a bit more on edge than usual, for valid or not so valid reasons. But if you give it a few months to calm down, I bet you will definitely start to feel like jumping on some people yourself ;-)

Happy New Year!
  • trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    I think there's an enormous difference between a sarcastic response, and a "mean" response, although I will be the first to admit that sarcasm if often difficult to discern in a written format. A lot of regs. employ sarcasm in their responses, me included.

I also think there's an enormous difference between coming back to clarify one's position after getting an(unexpected and unanticipated) response to a question, and coming back to say "You all are such mean, b!tches. How could you say such things to me when you don't know me.  You are awful, horrible, terrible women".

And, in my years posting on the board, it's rare that anyone comes back at a newbie unless they start throwing epithets around first.

I will also say that it's the current sense of entitlement that makes me crazy.  And I realize that much of that sense can be laid firmly at the feet of the wedding industry.  Their marketers are very good at perpetuating the myth that a ring on someone's left hand makes it permissable to suddenly behave in ways that these women wouldn't have even thought of 24 hours before placement of said ring.

But I consider it my goal to help women not be treated like gullible children, and to try to help them keep a sense of perspective about what does and doesn't really matter.

I do think I'll use my  disclaimer for awhile, though.....  =)
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • I always read posts thoroughly. If I miss a sentence, I own up to it.

And frankly Lucy, I'm a little tired of your posts in general. You've made plenty of snippy passive-aggressive posts of your own. You bit off kella01's head on R&G. You keep making snitty remarks at me (something about paying your dues or whatever? WTF?). If you're going to add to the negativity, then don't sit here and preach against it. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously?

I don't know what the eff your problem is, but either back off and get to know the histories of these boards more or stop trying to make comments about things that you don't understand.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Lucy, I have nothing to add to what Brooke and Manwa have said, aside from if somebody's day is actually ruined because strangers on the internet didn't validate their very bad/rude idea, they need to step away from the computer.

• bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:285a55a7-6f0f-4433-9ced-f233ca90eac7">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Man, the post about paying one's dues wasn't directed toward you.  It was a sarcastic response to the OP (admittedly, though, inspired by the thrashing the OP was getting from you and others) .  As several regulars have pointed out when someone takes exception to their posts...it's sarcasm, lighten up.  (paraphrasing) Brooke, I'm not angry at everyone.  <strong>I'm angry at long-time posters who use The Knot as an opportunity to abuse others for sport.  It's appalling how new people are treated on these boards.  </strong>Like others, I came here to see what's new in the world of weddings, to see what issues other brides are facing, and to maybe learn some things that would be helpful to me in planning my own wedding.  While I haven't yet had any questions that I needed to post, I quickly learned that posting any questions would be futile.  It's like poking a stick at the bears at the zoo.  Even the most innocent questions are met with derision, ridicule and scorn.  New posters are left feeling hurt and embarrassed when what they sought was information.  Granted, text is a medium in which subtleties are, unfortunately, lost.  But the excuses wear thin.  She's a bridezilla...she should know better...I was being sarcastic...can't she take a joke...I'm just being honest...I don't feel the need to sugar-coat my advice if she's so ignorant...I'm not mean, I'm just honest...I'm not going to read such a long post...and on, and on, and on.  And Man, to your point that I should get to know the histories of these boards before getting involved, let me point out two things.  First, The Knot will always be gaining new members.  New people will post on here every day.  It's safe to assume that new members vastly outnumber the regulars.  So why is it the law of the land that new members must tiptoe around old members?  It's unreasonable to expect new members to lurk and study the way you all relate to others when their situation is, by its very nature, time-sensitive or at least time-limited.  How long must new members wait before they can safely assume they will be treated kindly?  Second, you've made the mistake of thinking that I haven't been around here long enough to get the lay of the land.  This isn't the first account I've set up. Maybe I'm even "one of you".
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]
    I don't know what your definition of abuse is, but this is far from abuse.  Telling a newbie that she's being a brat for calling her FSIL "stupid" 5 times in one paragraph is not abuse.  If and when actual harassment occurs (very rare, but it does happen) action is taken by the mods and knot gods.  I can count only one or two actual incidents of harassment in the 2 1/2 years I've been here.  Appropriate action was taken both times.<div>
    </div><div>Every few weeks someone decides the burden is on her shoulders to police the boards.  It's exhausting to everyone else, it bums out everyone (regs and newbies), and just makes you look sanctimonious.  You don't like the tone here?  Fine, you don't have to.  Not all message boards are for everyone.  I wouldn't dream of going to a new message board and telling everyone that they needed to change the way they've been posting for years; it's really rude.  So I don't see why others do it.  If the board isn't a good fit for you, I'm sorry to hear that.  But then it's incumbent on you to find something that better fits your sensibilities (locals or wedding wire) rather than order everyone to change just for you.  I picture a small child whenever that happens.</div><div>
    </div><div>TK is always gaining new members, and new members become regs on this board very quickly; many of the regs you see on here have been around less than six months (Manwa, tldh), many have been around about as long as I have (stage, meg, stina), and still others were already regs back when I started (banana, trix, retread are the only ones I remember off the top of my head).  It's not a crime to be a newbie.  If you have common sense and don't insult people, you'll be welcomed with open arms--I see it every week.  But your holier-than-thou attitude will (and arguably already has) ingratiate yourself with everyone on here. </div><div>
    </div><div>It's a shame you're dismissing everything--many (if not most) people find the advice quite helpful.</div>
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• If you're seriously someone who's been around who set up a new account just to trash everyone you can see with really asinine comments, then I guess when we figure out who you are, we'll have been "had". Won't that make you feel so special? Won't that accomplish so much?

A life. You need one if you're REALLY someone just trying to prove something. Seriously.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:fb7eeb48-9767-4b5f-b84e-d1eb662cfcad">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]EDIT: And if you really are a reg who created a screen name just for the purpose of calling out other regs, it's actually really a shame that you don't speak up and have a respectful conversation with your peers about why you feel the way you do, and instead post as some random person. If I were one of these ladies, I would far prefer to have someone whose opinion I may value and respect tell me I was being too harsh and explain why. It could get people to listen if that is the way you really feel, and I think you know that.
    Posted by bdulli13[/QUOTE]
    Kindasortareally want to turn that into a guessing game, but it could turn ugly.  At any rate, if she is an AE, I now know to save my breath and ignore.  'Tis better to be amused than annoyed on here.  Served me quite well.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:285a55a7-6f0f-4433-9ced-f233ca90eac7">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Second, you've made the mistake of thinking that I haven't been around here long enough to get the lay of the land.  This isn't the first account I've set up. Maybe I'm even "one of you".
    </strong>Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

I would find this very hard to believe.  The regs aren't afraid to tell each other to back off or go away to calm down.  Brooke did this to me a few days weeks before my wedding and Stage did this to Manwa days before her wedding.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_trix-6?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:275e4824-d4bd-44a6-9f82-66089beb3937Post:048fbf27-aae8-41f9-ac80-e1bc10b858ef">Re: **Trix**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: **Trix** : I would find this very hard to believe.  The regs aren't afraid to tell each other to back off or go away to calm down.  Brooke did this to me a few days weeks before my wedding and Stage did this to Manwa days before her wedding.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]
    Me too.  Her writing style doesn't really match that of any of the regs who come to my mind (next time make your paragraphs shorter, Lucy), so I'm guessing it's someone who isn't a reg on this board but has a bone to pick with them.
    Courtesy of megk8oz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards