Wedding Party
Options

Out-of-State Bridesmaid Problem

So I asked my cousin to be a bridesmaid, she lives in Alabama and I live in Michigan.  All of my other bridesmaids are either measured and know when to pay their dresses off or have an appointment to go do so before the deadline.  However, my cousin hasn't even tried on or picked out her dress. I have given her the name, address, and phone number of the closest bridal shop to her with the brand we are getting, so no excuesses there.  

My problem is that the deadline to order is mid-november, I am scared that she isn't going to do it in time.  Not to mention her communication has been off and on with me, sometimes she'll respond and other times she wont.  I'm not badgering her about it, but it's making me nervous, I have no idea how to handle the situation, especially since she is family.  

What should I do?

Re: Out-of-State Bridesmaid Problem

• Options
    The deadline is mid-November. Not October 5.

WTF is the point of setting a deadline and then expecting her to get it done weeks in advance? Chill out and lay off.
  • Options
    The dresses won't come in until like March after we order them, so they won't be hanging in a closet for 8 months, it's not like they are getting them that day.  My maid of honor is pregnant right now and she's not complaining about it.  Also, if you failed to read the WHOLE thing, I am not badergering her, I've only mentioned it to her once. 

My thing is that I am letting them choose the style they want, there is no set price, I don't want her to be unprepared financially when it's time to order them; and half of my bridesmaids were present when we decided on the deadline, they know that if any of them had any issues they could come to me, I've even offered to help them out with their dresses if they need it because of the holidays approaching.

• Options
    We bought our dresses for our bridesmaids allready, but we didn't get them from a bridal salon.  We really liked them and they would be discontinued after summer so we went ahead and got them.  There might be certain reasons for ordering them so early.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_out-of-state-bridesmaid-problem?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:2c17cacd-489a-45a5-a815-98660ebcc0c9Post:b9501ec9-9df6-4869-9239-9803266720c5">Re: Out-of-State Bridesmaid Problem</a>:
    [QUOTE]We bought our dresses for our bridesmaids allready, but we didn't get them from a bridal salon.  We really liked them and they would be discontinued after summer so we went ahead and got them.  There might be certain reasons for ordering them so early.
    Posted by soontobehanby[/QUOTE]

When I got married, I actually ordered my dresses in July and my wedding was in March. But that's because I got my dress that same day and my BM's wanted to go look at dresses too. I was letting them pick out the dress. They found one they liked that same day and told me they wanted to order it. For the two girls that I had out of town, I just let them know the style number and color and they ordered their own.

The dresses came in sometime in January, so they only had them a couple of months before the wedding. It wasn't a big deal at all and no one was upset that they ordered that early.
    BFP #1: 5/20/12 ~ EDD: 2/20/13 ~ Betas at 221: 5/24/12 ~ Betas at 917: 5/29/12 ~ M/C: 5/29/12 BFP #2: 10/17/12 (13dpo) ~ EDD: 6/29/13 Beta #1 @ 2164: 10/22/12 ~ 1st u/s: 10/26/12 = empty ute Beta #2 @ 7610: 10/26/12 ~ 2nd u/s: 10/30/12 = measuring at 5w6d 3rd u/s: 11/5/12 = HB of 150 ~ 4th u/s: 11/27/12 = perfect wiggly LO! Lilypie Maternity tickers "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end." Image and video hosting by TinyPic Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers My Randomness Blog ~ The TTCAL Blog ~ My Wedding Blog
  • Options
    Well, it appears some of you failed to read what I wrote, I have only mentioned it ONCE to her.  Also, the only wedding I've been we ordered our dresses early, sorry I don't have much experience in this....this is my first and only marriage.  

Another thing, I use the checklist on this website as a timeline and it says to finalize BM dresses between 8-6 months prior to the wedding....that to me also says order them. I'm sorry if I am don't want to have to worry about if my bridesmaids will get their dresses in time because we ordered them too late or because it took longer than expected (I have a life outside of this wedding). I'd rather have a dress hanging in my closet too long than to get it after a wedding and it really be a waste of money.  

I asked for advice and you expressed yourselves clearly, however, try reading the WHOLE thing. I appreciate all advice, but when you say the same thing over and over again it's over kill.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards