Wedding Party

MOH Drama

When we were in our 20s, my MOH & I agreed to be the MOH in each others weddings.  When I got engaged, I knew I was going to ask her, but had some reservations.  Though I love her & have known her for ages (she just turned 41, I'm closing in on 40), I know that despite her best intentions, she can be pretty self-centered and a bit of a drama queen.  I hoped she'd pull it together for my big day, but...

Well for the Bachelorette Party, she was organizing a group to meet me in Vegas.  The first night out, we all agreed that it would not be the BIG night since everyone had just arrived and we wanted to ease into it.  We ended up staying out till 5am anyway... but that's Vegas, right?

She had secured some passes into some clubs for the following night.  During that day, however, she & another friend went out & got wasted.  My other friend & I shopped.  Their being wasted was less of an issue because when we met up around 5pm, we started catching up.  Unfortunately, the other 2 stopped drinking.  Needless to say, the night was a disaster.  The club was too crowded, they afternoon drinkers were not that interested in being out.  I wanted to party but wanted everyone to want to party (which wasn't happening).  Long story short - there were tears & people storming out.  It was awful.  After cooling off, we talked it through... apologies were shared.  We moved on.

Now, 10 days away from the wedding, she calls to say she only just got her dress & it doesn't fit.  She wants to know what she should do.  I don't even know where to begin.  All I've asked is that she & my other bridesmaid get navy dresses.  The style was not at all important to me... so what am I supposed to say that doesn't sound bitchy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOH Drama

• ManwaithielManwaithiel member
    First Comment
    edited July 2010
    I don't really see the B party as being a big deal. It wasn't ideal, I guess but certainly not real "drama".

The dress situation...I guess she needs to buy another dress. Since you don't care what it looks like and such, she needs to hit up TJ Maxx or something ASAP and find something snazzy for a not so snazzy price. I mean, I don't see any other way around it. Try helping her out if you can (shopping, paying for it, etc.)

I don't think any of this, however, is worth getting too stressed about. Far worse things could happen. A crappily planned time in Vegas and one ill fitting BM dress are not huge issues.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Hawaii with my best friend =)
    Photobucket
  • Suggest a seamstress who csan do alterations on short notice.  If that's not possible, offer to go with her to the mall to shop for a new nazy dress.

• The b-party situation sounds like it kind of sucked, but if apologies were shared, and you moved on, why are you bringing it up now? 

There isn't anything you should do about her dress--if all you asked was that it be navy, have her go out and find another dress or go to a tailor. If you wanted to be really nice, you could go shopping with her, but at 10 days out from the wedding, I think it's fine to let her figure this out on her own. 
  • Sounds like someone needs to go on a shopping trip and buy a dress that fits. No real drama...
    MAY 2011 SIGGY CHALLENGE : YOU & MOH (I was also her MOH)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    **Bio**
  • She obviously has to go purchase another navy dress that fits. That's not a big deal.

But you should share in the blame about the dress. You should have not given such free rein. You should have found out months ago what your BMs were wearing and followed up to ensure that all BMs had their dresses and that they fit.
  • The B party info is unneccesary. Honestly, if I was going to Vegas to party, I might have done the same. You only get so much time off from work and like you said, she's a semi self centered person....she probably needed "non bride" time.

Back to the dress issue, just have her buy a new navy dress. If the style doesn't matter, she should be able to find one ANYWHERE.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Time for a shopping trip.  She might also try a local dry cleaner, a lot of them do alterations.  If you go in with a positive attitude, I'm sure you'll find something that works.  Definitely check thrift stores and places like Ross and Marshall's, my sister  found a David's Bridal BM dress for about $20.

Not really interested in your whining about the party.  At least you got one.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • First, you are both waaaay too old to be having this kind of drama.

Second, she can grab a navy dress off the rack at any department store since you don't care about the style.

This isn't a problem until you make it one.  
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Why was the B-party story part of your post if apologies had been shared and you all apparently had moved on?  If you're two women in your 40's I'm not sure why this childish drama is still happening. Seriously.

If you don't care about the style as long as it's a Navy dress, then your friend needs to (a) find a tailor who can alter it so it does fit or (b) borrow or buy a new navy dress that will fit her.  Simple enough.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards