Wedding Party

NWR: Theater and Gary Coleman

I don't know if everyone knows the show, but I am wondering how the show Avenue Q is going to go about their show tonight. One of the characters is Gary Coleman and he/she is just the butt of everyone's jokes in the show. If I didn't already have plans tonight, "I'd so be there. It would be interesting to see if they said a few words about him after the show or if the audience gasps or claps when the woman comes out....BTW, Gary Coleman is played by a chick in the play...it's pretty hilarious. I am mainly curious with him dying today.
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: NWR: Theater and Gary Coleman

• I thought exactly the same thing when I heard the news!  I've actually had Avenue Q songs stuck in my head all day because of it.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Me too....

I'm Gary Coleman from Tv's Different Strokes.
    I made a lot of money that got stolen by my folks...
    Now I'm broke and I'm the butt of everyone's jokes
    but I'm here, the super intendant of Avenue Q!
    My Planning Bio
  • You know, I hadn't even thought of that when I heard about Gary Coleman's death...and I LOVE Avenue Q! I saw it when it had a run in Pittsburgh a couple of years ago...

I wonder if maybe they'll have some sort of "moment of silence" thing for him before or after the show?  I would be curious to see as well...
  • My friend is ushering it tonight off broadway, so when he tells me, I'll post the results.
    My Planning Bio
  • That was actually my first thought when I heard he died.  I think it would be nice if they had some sort of moment for him--whether it's silent, or just a mention somewhere.  I do love that show, also.  I've had "What do you do with a B.A. in English" stuck in my head since last night, before I knew anything about Gary Coleman's situation. 
  • So they'll change a few lines, but nothing major in my opinion.
    My Planning Bio
  • Okay, the play is also adding inserts into the programs. And the girl who plays him did a really sweet speech. These are the only things aside from the writer changing a few lines. Since I last saw it, Gary Coleman's character has become even more the butt of the joke...
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards