Wedding Party

Nephew

I have a nephew who will only be a year old when I get married.  I want  to somewhat include him and my mom will be carrying him down the aisle.  Is there a way that I can include him into the program?  I am not sure how I would put him in there. 

Re: Nephew

• Frankly, there's really nothing that a 1 year old can do other than being adorable.  And he'll be that whether you give him a "title" or not.  Have your mom carry him down the aisle.  Take a picture or 12 with him after the ceremony. 

Good luck!
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nephew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:34da0c09-49db-4b46-a4c5-8dfa09b18582Post:a321ab27-3fd5-4c55-abe1-c47ae811f8ed">Re: Nephew</a>:
    [QUOTE]Frankly, there's really nothing that a 1 year old can do other than being adorable.  And he'll be that whether you give him a "title" or not.  Have your mom carry him down the aisle.  Take a picture or 12 with him after the ceremony.  Good luck!
    Posted by trix1223[/QUOTE]

<div>This.</div>
  • For added cuteness (and to prevent Mom's dress from getting some crazy wrinkles!) See if you can find a vintage stroller (buggy) to roll him in down the aisle.

Not sure there is much else he could do other than be cute :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I saw a wedding where the junior bridesmaid pulled a little wheel barrow down the aisle with the 1 year on sitting in it. Very cute. They titled him as the ring bearer because they had the pillow in the wheel barrow with him.  It was adorable :) he was even in a little suit!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_nephew?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:34da0c09-49db-4b46-a4c5-8dfa09b18582Post:1b661a1e-b713-400c-913e-29d8ce20e650">Re: Nephew</a>:
    [QUOTE]I saw a wedding where the junior bridesmaid pulled a little wheel barrow down the aisle with the 1 year on sitting in it. Very cute. They titled him as the ring bearer because they had the pillow in the wheel barrow with him.  It was adorable :) he was even in a little suit!
    Posted by colstj1[/QUOTE]

That sounds precious. I think you could do this very successfully!
  • My FIL is a carpenter who made an ambulance over a red wagon for friends of the family.  The couple getting married was a nurse and a paramedic.  They had a junior bridesmaid pull their 14 month son in the wagon/ambulance.  He was the official ring bearer.  He LOVED the ambulance and it was definitely adorable!
  • I think it's fine to just list him as Ring Bearer.

Or make one heading labeled Wedding Party, and list every attendant under that.
  • EnamiEnami member
    First Comment
    My FI wants do something with our son (who will be maybe 9 and a half months old by then). He said he just wants to hold him up there while we say our vows. I laughed and told him it'll be hilarious if he spits up all over your suit. I think he thought it through and saw how bad of an idea that was. I personally wouldn't have any kids that can't walk in the WP. Just dress him up and take some pics with him, he'll be adorable! That's all we'll be doing with our son and "niece" (my MOH is due the same time I am). And putting a pack-n-play in the spare kitchen at the reception for nap time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards