Wedding Party
Options

BM taking the fun out of MY wedding

I've stalked these pages for awhile and love how you ladies respond so I just needed to post my issue on this site.

My best friend who has been married now for 4 years  (civil) is having her wedding (big church wedding/big party) right after my wedding (a week apart)
I asked her to be in my wedding prior to knowing that she was planning on having a wedding of her own.

So weird things started happening.... she started pretending that she wasn't married, like she doesn't tell ANYBODY she's married, she tells them she's engaged.

She told me to not put her down as "Matron of Honor"  on the programs since her wedding is a week after mine. She doesn't want anyone knowing she's married already...

She tells me how nervous she is and she hopes that her husband shows up at the altar, which I find strange since she's married already.

She's having a bacherlorette party, her husband is not having a bachelor party because HE says it's wrong to have one since they are already married but because she never got one she is planning her own. And he's letting her have it, I think it's weird to have one- maybe if she called it a "girls night out" but not a "bacherlorette party" since she isnt a bacherlorette.

I have tried to tell her that, "you have every right to be excited about having a wedding YOU deserve it but... I'm the one actually getting married- for the first time"

She doesn't understand why we can't both share the limelight right now.
But do I have the right to be upset that I am only planning on doing this once and someone else is trying to overshadow me and is taking my thunder away?

Now am I being dramatic about this whole thing?
is it weird that she's pretending she isn't married?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards