Texas-San Antonio
Options

Update about my dad

Just thought I'd give a brief update and a HUGE thank you to all of you for your prayers and support. My dad is still in the hospital but was able to be moved up to the Cardiac ICU. His heart has been mostly stable so far, and he's started taking short walks around the unit. His short term memory has greatly improved. He still has trouble remembering some things by the next day, but he's able to remember things until he falls asleep at least (really seems like 50 First Dates now!). He managed to get an infection so he can't go to the cath lab until at least Monday to figure out what exactly is going on with his heart. But for now, everything is looking really really good. I've always been a bit of a daddy's girl, but I can only imagine now how much we're both going to cry during the father-daughter dance. I feel so so so blessed that he has been able to recover from this. Thanks again to all of you for your thoughts and kind words. You all are the best. ;o)

Re: Update about my dad

• Options
    MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad he's improving! I will continue to pray for him and your family. Thanks for the update and enjoy every second with your dad! I totally relate to being a daddy's girl and I'm just so happy everything is looking up for you and your dad.
    Photobucket image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear things are getting beetter. That short term memory stuff is crazy and so scary at first but I'm sure it'll continue to improve. Sounds like he's done so well already. We'll continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so happy to hear he's doing better. You must be so relieved. Stay strong. Your dad is in all of our prayers. ...and on a clinical note - make sure the staff is washing their hands constantly!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that your father is doing much better.  The short term memory loss should go away soon. I know my grandmother didn't recognize us for three days once, but after that it all came back to her.  I know it's hard. On the plus side, your bio has put me onto full wedding mode to get some stuff accomplished. Thank you for that!!  I hope to hear more good news from you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for your dad getting better!  Hope he continues to do so!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's good to hear he's doing better :) I'll keep y'all in my prayers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards