Wedding Party

Re: .

• 15 or not, I don't think she should be able to threaten her way into your wedding party.  Your bridesmaids should be your nearest and dearest friends and if that description doesn't apply to her, that's fine.  She should be old enough to know you can't always get what you want, even when you throw a fit.

That said, if your FI would like to include her in the wedding (for famly unity, because they are close, whatever the reason) she can stand on his side, as a groomswoman/best woman/etc.  She wouldn't have to wear the bridesmaids dress, which might make it easier to meet her style and comfort preferences.  I'd ask your FI how he feels about including her and if he'd feel comfortable with her on his side.  If he's not inclined to ask her, then the message to her when she next brings up the topic is that you've both chosen your attendants and are excited to have her as a guest.
    Anniversary

• Agree with PP...your bridesmaids should be your nearest & dearest friends. She is 15...she will get over it & have a better understanding when she starts planning a wedding of her own.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited January 2013
    You don't have to ask anyone you don't want to be a BM. if you are not close with her at all, I wouldn't ask her either. I work with 15 year olds and they can be very dramatic which is probably what she's doing. I would definitely call her bluff on the "I won't come if I'm not in it" thing.

Also, there are other ways to get her involved in the wedding without being in the WP. You could ask her to do a reading if she would be OK with getting up and talking in front of people or your FI can have her stand up on his side since it's his sister.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • LizM61409LizM61409 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    She's 15. I'd be willing to bet that her parents would make her come so they can get photos of the whole family. If you're not close don't make her a bridesmaid
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • She's sounds like a 15 year old spoiled brat. She actually threatened to not go? Either her mom and dad can make her go or leave her behind. That's up to them and not really your problem or fault.

What does your fiance think? Maybe she can just be on his side and wear a dress of her choice?
  • OP, just so you know for the future, it is considered very rude to delete your posts, especially after other posters have taken time to answer your questions and give you advice.

• I wish the first person responding would quote the OP.  Too bad TK doesn't automatically do that !
  • I think in this case it was done so the OP wouldn't get found out by family or friends.  That's the only kind of DD I am ok with (I've done it, but not without warning and apologies).
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards