Texas-San Antonio

Spa and Nail salon

My sister's birthday is actually 2 days before my wedding and the day of my bachelorette party. I'm trying to figure out some way to make up for pretty much taking over her day (she's truly an amazing sister and MOH and keeps telling me over and over not to worry about it), and she just remarked to me that she really wants to get a "real" massage. So I was thinking about booking us massages for that morning as my treat to her. I was wondering if any of you had any recommendations on good spas to go to, preferably in either the Stone Oak area, near the medical center off I-10, or anywhere in between along I-10 or 1604. I'm also looking for a good nail salon to go to the day before my wedding. I'm hoping to find one that does a good job but doesn't charge a ridiculous price. I'd appreciate any rec's, also preferably in the same locations as listed above. TIA!

Re: Spa and Nail salon

• MBLoveMBLove member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to recommend Oak Haven Massage for a "real" massage...their best massage therapist (Emily) no longer works there, but she recommends Anita. It's in the Huebner/Bitters Rd. area. If your sis wants a real massage I recommend their "Advanced Neuromuscular Massage"--it's $59 for an hour.  They also do facials, mircoderm (for $49--you can't beat that) waxing, chiropractic stuff and they are reasonably priced. The website is www.oakhavenmassage.com.  There are tons of nails salons in the area too but I can't vouch for prices or quality of work. Your sister sounds awesome, but you are also awesome for not completely disregarding her birthday!
    Photobucket image
  • edited December 2011
    I've used Personal Touch Day Spa before and have always been really happy with them.  They sometimes have really good specials, especially if you join their email list.www.personaltouchdayspa.com
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the rec's! I'll check out both of those places to see what kind of deals I can find. And I'll probably just look around in Stone Oak and see what nail places look ok. Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVE Personal Touch! They are awesome! The owner, Kristy does great pedis and they had a massage therapist, Jennifer who did fantastic pedis and even better massages but I believe she left at the end of October. They are my regular pedi place! $40 and that $40 is waaayyy better spent there than at many of the other places I've been to. Great facials too! Can you tell I love them? ha ha!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • txgeogirltxgeogirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I visit San Antonio, I like to go to Spa de Sante for a quick inexpensive but nice massage.  There is one located near Stone Oak.  Don't know of any nail locations-good luck there seems to be a lot of advice here for your.  Congrats!-Melissa
  • edited December 2011
    I think Anne's Nail is probably the best nail place in Stone Oak. It's right at Heubner and Stone Oak Pkwy. It's a little nicer than the average nail place and the chairs go all around in a circle for pedis so it's a fun place to go with friends (or bm's).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards