Wedding Party
Options

Don't Want Bridesmaids

I plan on having a maid of honor and my 2 future step children will be in the wedding. To skip any drama, extra work on my part, and them buying a dress that they will never wear again, I decided not to ask my girlfriends. However, they will be a part of my special day. I read from another post that a bride was having "friends of honor" instead. 

Anyone else NOT having a bridal party or bridesmaids?

Re: Don't Want Bridesmaids

• Options
    Friends of honor?  Don't get it. 

Anyhow, I had only a MOH, though not because of I was afraid of extra drama or extra work (?). 
  • Options

It is completely fine to not have BMs. Lots of people skip WPs and that is ok. However, "friends of honor" doesn't seem like a good idea. A few threads down someone had a similar question and someone responded that a wedding isn't an awards show, it is a wedding. I think that is really appropriate here, too. If you want to honor your friends, take photos with them, dance with them, or take them out to lunch, get them a little gift, etc, but I wouldn't make up bogus titles for them for your wedding. People will wonder why they just were not BMs in the first place, including your friends.

Photobucket
  • Options
    Yes, I kind of understand where you all are coming from. I guess the idea was to eliminate the hassle of coordinating a "party" where everyone lives in another state. They would take pictures with me and also be there to help/support before the wedding. I guess it fits since a lot of aspects of my wedding are non-traditional. 
  • Options
    I agree with PP. 

No WP is fine and completely acceptable.

No "friends of honor" or "honorary BM"...that could hurt feelings instead of actually honoring them.

Get them a thank you gift if they helped contribute to the wedding.  Or get a special picture with them.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    My feeling is you either have BMs or you don't.  None of this "friend of honor" horse crap.  Being a guest is an honor as well.  You can still get pictures taken with them but they certainly do not need to be there with you to support you or help you before your wedding...even BMs do not have to do this.

Honestly, it sounds like you would like to have them in your WP.  If you are concerned about finding a dress that all of them will like, then let them pick there own, especially since they are not local.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards