Texas-San Antonio
Options

Review of Makeup trials - Km and Alyssa Garcia

This past week, I had two makeup and hair trials with 2 places in San Antonio. I am not one to trust that someone can create a look without ever doing it on me, so I am really glad that I did get them both done. Warning-- I wanted something more dramatic, so a person who wants natural may be perfectly fine at the place I didn't choose.

My first trial was at KM Impressions in Shertz. It cost me 150 dollars for the hair and makeup trial. They use mineral based products and really the only part of the makeup that I liked was the airbrush. It made my skin look soft, but it did not photograph that way. When I asked Danielle to go more dramatic on the makeup, I thought the look would be achieved, but it just fell flat. Her hair styling was much better that I expected, but it still was just not the look I wanted. Later that night I went out to dinner and by the time I got there, everything was faded. I was not happy about that at all. (I didn't even take pics, because I didn't like it enough).

My second trial was with Alyssa Garcia. If you send her an email, be aware you may wait a week for a response. She keeps busy with her photo shoots for magazines and such. I recommend you call this vendor if you really want to schedule her. This trial was 150 as well, and I added the lashes for 15, but they are included for day of. From the moment I walked in, I really liked Alyssa. She washed and dried my hair, and then began to style it. I sent her a lot of different ideas, and the 1st style was not something I liked. So we talked about it again, and then she created the hair style you see below, which I LOVE! Then she went on to the makeup and did one eye so I could see if I wanted to make any changes. She got it spot on the first time around. I wanted a more dramatic look for my evening wedding, and she really made me look beautiful. After the trial we drove to Houston and went out to a club. The hair and makeup lasted all night long, and we were moving around like crazy. I am really glad I got both done. If I had just went with KM, I might have not been as happy with the day of. So for all those who wondered.. I am going with Alyssa Garcia. :) The photos below show you what the work that she did.

Re: Review of Makeup trials - Km and Alyssa Garcia

• Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looks great! I have a question though. If you didn't take any pics from the first one how do you know it didn't photograph well? Just curious because sometimes subtleties are what pops in a photograph. Kind of wish you would have taken those shots for a comparison. Definitely most of the "looks" I have seen @ KM were more natural now that you mention it though. Makes me wonder if they are afraid of the more dramatic look, or afraid of not getting it right? I am glad you found Alyssa Garcia, because I have been on the prowl for more dramatic looks as well, to see what would fit my face.
    Thanks and again looks fabulous!
  • Options
    rammo01rammo01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your post.  It is very helpful to kotties who are looking for a hair and make up artist.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't take pics, but my future mother in law did. I saw them on her camera, and you could just see that it really didn't come out as soft as it looked in person. Sorry, i may have said that wrong in my post. :) I will get the pics from her, and post them here so you can see them! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    MY FMIL will send them in an email tomorrow. I will post them then. :)
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome. Thanks. This will definitely help in the decision making process. And again. I really like the pics you posted already. Gorgeous!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

this is the hair shot from KM. My finacee's grandmother took the makeup ones, and she can figure out how to upload them. His mom is out of town, but she will be back in a couple days, so I can put them here.
    Not exactly what I was looking for with the hair.. I thought it made me look older... but it just wasn't what I wanted. :)
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had it been higher up I think it would have had a younger more vibrant look, so I totally see where you are coming from. If they already applied the make up then I can already see what you are talking about even from this angle.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep.. that was the end product. It just wasn't what I was hoping for. Are you going to call Alyssa? She is just awesome.
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh she is definitely on my list. I keep going back and forth between natural beauty or the more dramatic look. I have time so not too worried. But I need to narrow down what I want first!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards