Wedding Party
Options

Emergency kits?

Not sure if this is the place to ask but i bought a bunch of supplies for emergency kits the day of. Most of it is bigger things like deo, hairspray, tampons, nail kits(file, clippers etc), anyways you get the drift. What do you put all that into? Most of their purses wouldn't fit it, they won't want to carry it around & the cheaper make up bags were real ugly. 

If you did one what did you put it into?
230 image Invited
154 image Are ready to party
56 image Missing out
20 image Can't find the mailbox (tick tock)

RSVP Date: 6/1/2012

Re: Emergency kits?

• Options

Are you making each girl and emergency kit?

For my wedding, I threw a whole bunch of "just in case items" into a medium tote that I already owned and brought it with me to where me and my girls were going to get dressed at the venue.  The bag stayed in the room the entire night (ceremony and reception in the same venue).  If we needed something from the bag during the course of the evening (which we didn't) we would have just gone up to the room.

• Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    yes i am, the wedding is 30 minutes away from where we are staying the night before, in a bit of a remote location (small town, no hotels etc). Good idea though if people have weddings in hotels!
    230 image Invited
    56 image Missing out

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2012
    There is no place in your venue that can store a tote bag?  Will your girls really want to carry around a tote or small makeup bag around with them or storing the bag on their table?  Couldn't you keep the emergency kit in a car?

Oh and we didn't get married in a hotel, we got married in a football stadium and used one of their club level box suites to get ready in.

• Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_emergency-kits?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:4e8f3083-fbb0-48d2-918e-d9ad93d448e2Post:d9e1dbb3-a0ea-4a8b-8660-b662428268b6">Re: Emergency kits?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There is no place in your venue that can store a tote bag?  Will your girls really want to carry around a tote or small makeup bag around with them or storing the bag on their table?  Couldn't you keep the emergency kit in a car?
    Posted by Maggie0829[/QUOTE]

<div>i won't have a car, we are staying a block away as it is his home community. our venue is a community center that is pretty open. My issue really isn't where to store them. They can store them in their cars, it is what to put them into in order to even store them, i don't want some huge bag but i haven't found anything decent size. </div><div>
    </div><div>My make up bag is a big pencil case so that is no help either lol. I do not expect them to carry them around, what a pita, just to have them "in case", i have gone to many weddings & needed things i never think of to carry. </div>
    230 image Invited
    56 image Missing out

• Options
    I made one large emergency kit that was for me & my bridal party. I had a large tote and put everything inside. We kept it in the limo during the day & then in the bridal suite during the reception.
  • Options
    We just shared a few things (not even that many) out of one tote bag that I had lying around. I think it was this one.

We didn't use too many things out of the bag ... shoe inserts, double-sided tape, bobby pins and safety pins. I had a few more things in there (mints, toothpicks, drinking straw, aspirin, Band-Aids, etc.) that were never touched.
  • Options
    TiffannieFTiffannieF member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    In my bio under "lists" I have an "emergency kit" list, I believe.

I put everything in a large tote.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge: The First Kiss
    Fall Wedding Bio
  • Options
    bongebonge member
    First Comment
    I have totes already so i could put them in there, but i thought had to be in a closed little bag or something. With these things they can all use them outside the wedding. 

Thanks tiffannie i will check it out. 
    230 image Invited
    56 image Missing out

• Options
    I know you have bought some stuff already but have you thought about something like this http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLCreativeConcepts
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards