Wedding Party
Options

How old is too old to be a bridesmaid

Im 35 and my closest friend is in her 50's. I want to ask her to be in my bridal party. The two of us have been thru everything together from divorce to losing a parent. She has always been there for me and i really want her to be included. But im afraid she would be uncomfortable. My MOH is my 20 year old sister and my other bridesmaids are late 30's early 40's.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How old is too old to be a bridesmaid

• Options

All of my bridesmaids are in their mid-to-late 40's!  The only challenge I found was finding suitable bridesmaid dresses. - but we went with Alfred Angelo separates, and they were all very comfortable with them.   Good luck!

• Options
    Why would she be too old?
  • Options
    No age limit on a BM. Just ask her and let her decide for herself if she'd like to be in the WP.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    The only real issue would be making sure that you find a dress that she's comfortable in, but really, that's something you should try to do with any bridesmaid, regardless of age.  Perhaps it might be easiest to give them some basic guidelines about color and fabric and let each woman choose a dress she feels is appropriate and flattering.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Someone on here is having their 80 year old granny as MOH - no age limit.
  • Options
    When you ask her tell her who your other attendants are. If she's that worried about looking less attractive. she can decline.
  • Options
    You're too old when you're dead. Anyone from cradle to grave can be a bridesmaid if you want it. Who cares how old she is? Do you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Vacation tickers fibromyalgia Pictures, Images and Photos Visit The Nest! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Nest!
  • Options

Thank you all for your advice. I did ask my friend and was so excited when she said yes. The only reason why I asked is because my future MIL has said that it might not be appropriate to have a bridesmaid that was so close in age to her and my mom. But I have learned not to listen to my future MIL. She is a meddling pain in the butt. The fact is that my girlfriend is 55, looks 35, and parties like she 25. My future MIL is probably jealous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards