Wedding Party
Options

Three Flower Girls??

I have four young girls and two boys in the family that I would like to have involved in my wedding. I just am not exactly sure how to do it. 2 of the girls are 3 years old, one boy is 5, a 6 yr old girl and then a ten year old boy and girl. The five year old for sure will be my ring bearer. I was thinking the ten year olds can be in charge of passing out programs, bubbles cameras etc. But is it ok to have the three little girls all do flowers or should the six year old do my train or something. I don't want anyone to feel like I just pulled some random thing out for their kid to do. I don't want to step on toes or anything of the parents. The kids will be happy with a chance to play dress up.

Re: Three Flower Girls??

• Options
    When I was 7, I was one of 5 flower girls in my uncle's wedding. He and his then-fiancee asked all of their neices. The youngest was 4 and the oldest was my sister who was 9 at the time.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    Yeah, I was one of three flower girls at my uncle's wedding when I was about 5 as well. I think we were 3, 5, and 6. I would say go with what feels right to you. You can have as many or as few as you'd like. I personally would probably make the two who are 10 a jr. bridesmaid and jr. groomsman rather than make them pass out things, but that's just me. It's about celebrating and having the ones who are close and dear to you there for you on your big day, not numbers.

• Options
    Nothing wrong with it, we'll probably have 3 girls too.  They'll be 3, 3, and 6 by then.  If they're important to you, include them. 
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    A long time ago, it was considered really good luck to include lots of kids in your wedding procession (they're little fertility symbols, don't you know!)  That's why the girls throw flowers, too. 

The more little ones, the merrier! 
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    It's fine to have several little ones!   Just make sure that you ask the well-behaved kids in the family!
  • Options
    I like when there a several little kids, as long as they are well behaved.
  • Options
    I like the idea of the ten year olds being Jr bridesmaids and jr groomsmen. But you dont think that will be too many? We each already have 4 people standing with us. The kids will make 5.
  • Options
    "Juniors" are the exact same thing as bridesmaids and groomsman. So calling them "juniors" doesn't make a difference.  Your bridesmaids and groomsmen should be your dearest friends ... and they should be mature enough to be able to walk up and down the aisle, stand quietly for the ceremony and pose for formal photos without complaint ... so if you think these kids fit that bill, by all means ask them. Don't worry about numbers, worry about people.

Personally I think flower girls and ring bearers would be easiest.
  • Options
    We had three children in our wedding, two sisters and their little brother.  They were 5, 7 and 8 at the time.  I think that little kids are absolutely adorable in a wedding, but take into consideration the fact that they ARE small children.  If you have several kids under the age of 5 that you are trying to get down the aisle, you stand a good chance of a child having a meltdown in the back of the church during your processional.  The five year old in our wedding pretty much flat refused to smile for formal pictures.  He was over it by then. LoL  I hate to discourage anyone from doing what they want to do, just make sure you consider everything that will be involved in getting that many little ones where you need them to be in a somewhat organized and behaved manner.
  • Options
    we had three flowers girls, all under the age of 5. they were adorable. i personally would not have a little girl that young holding your train. what if she falls? steps on it? someone suggested that to me, and i felt more comfortable with all of them in front of me. =) good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards