Wedding Party
Options

Bridesmaid's Plus One Drama

This situation is kind of crazy!  I asked my one friend to be a bridesmaid and said she could bring a guest (assuming it might be her sister or live in boyfriend), but since I sent out the invitation she has broken up with her boyfriend and is now sleeping with our coworker from a couple of years ago who tried to get me fired (long story).  She was there during the incident and said he was totally out of line and wrong for doing that.  I said that I did not like him and thank god when we got laid off that I would never see that dude again.  So of course who does she want to be her guest now?  That dude because she is sleeping with him (not even dating).  It is two weeks before the wedding and she is pushing this guy to get invited and I have told her that I would not like this person there because of what happened, she said she didn't want to go alone and he was the only one available.  Advice?

Re: Bridesmaid's Plus One Drama

• Options
    You won't be around him much and might not even notice he's there.  There are going to be so many family and friends to talk to.  I would just back down and let her bring a date of her choice.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I would just let her bring him. Unless there will only be 10 people at your wedding I can assure you it will be very easy to only talk to him long enough to say "Hello and thank you for coming."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards