Wedding Party
Options

Wedding

Ok so i have a dilemma
bride2011

Re: Wedding

• Options
    Yes, you should suck it up and have them in your wedding as planned. If you decide they shouldn't be there, it will end the friendship.

Also, if that is your full name in your username, I would delete my account and start a new one. There are a lot of creeps on the internet, and these boards are public. Anyone, anywhere can read them. Especially because this is generally a conversation spot for young women, I would choose something more anonymous.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-dilemma-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:68a6d16e-afbf-4e89-b0e8-d9e2c1e50acfPost:1df04ade-4de9-4757-bdc5-1ff61979706b">Wedding party dilemma!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok so i have a dilemma....my fiance and i are getting married in June and we have recently regretted our decision to add a bridesmaid and a groomsman that we are friends with. The bridesmaid and groomsman are a couple as well and 6+ months ago, we were very close. We would all hang out together all the time, but now, we all hardley ever talk. Honestly, they get on our nerves whenever we see them now. They are those people that are "toppers", you know, the people that always have to top anything you do. We are definitely not as close as we once were. So, now my fiance and i are rethinking having them in our wedding party, BUT....we are also in their wedding this coming summer too! We don't want to hurt their feelings or ruin any friendship that is left, but we just don't feel like they are close enough friends to us anymore. <strong>Should we just suck it up and have them in our wedding like we once had planned?</strong> Help please!!!
    Posted by erinjernigan[/QUOTE]

Yes.

If you kick them out, it will most likely end the friendship all together.

If they are just getting on your nerves, take some time apart- don't hang out for a while. You might just be on 'overload' with them, and you could really regret the permanent consequences of kicking them out of your wedding.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wedding-party-dilemma-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:68a6d16e-afbf-4e89-b0e8-d9e2c1e50acfPost:bedb8957-8b50-4cf1-abe7-a39f42b90e0c">Re: Wedding party dilemma!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, if that is your full name in your username, I would delete my account and start a new one. There are a lot of creeps on the internet, and these boards are public. Anyone, anywhere can read them. Especially because this is generally a conversation spot for young women, I would choose something more anonymous.
    Posted by bdulli13[/QUOTE]

Yeah do that. I had to change mine too. They really should warn you about that when you join.
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Options
    If you're trying to change your user name, you don't need to edit this post, because your user name will not be deleted ... just the text of your post will be deleted.

I don't even know if you can delete this account, and I know that you cannot change the name. I wish the knot would change that feature.

So the only thing to do, really, is abandon this account, create a new one with a more anonymous user name (you will need a new e-mail address, so use a free Yahoo/GMail one if you don't have one already available), and only post under the new screen name from now on.
  • Options
    This is a good reason to wait to ask, because once you do, you're stuck.  Just suck it up - they can't ruin your wedding day and you said you didn't want to ruin the friendship.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards