Wedding Party

And the drama begins... FI's cousin demands to be BM

So FI's cousin came over last night and we were talking about the wedding and he bluts out all excitedly: "So I know I'm your best man right?!" Babe actually laughed out loud, until he realized his cousin was serious then he got serious too and said "C'mon man, you know my twin is gonna be my best man."

His cousins response: "Well, I know I better be in the WP!"
Babe response: "Why don't you just pay for everything that way we can make sure we have everything the way YOU want."
Cousin: (looking confused) "seriously tho, I'm not a grooms man."
Babe: "The wedding is more than a year away, but if you must know, my GM will be D (his twin), D2 (his older brother) and S (his older cousin)."

His cousin was pissed about this and left b/c Babe hadn't chose him as a GM.

First off: How rude to put someone in that position and second, Babe is trying to figure out how to "make things right"... Any suggestions?

Re: And the drama begins... FI's cousin demands to be BM

• Super rude but your Fi did alright with it.  Maybe you could make him a reader, usher or something?

Similar story: My Fi choose his friend to be BM because he was closer with him than his brothers and he has two brothers, one of which has always felt left out of the "brotherly bond."  FI was off playing army one weekend and FBIL was in town. He said "As Paul's BM I'm going to throw the best bach party EVER."  I guess my surprised expression gave it away because I then had to explain why FI choose Friend after FBIL demanded reasons. He was super understanding though. Later, after the alcohol cleared his system, he told me that FI was right in decision. He didn't want other brother getting his feelings hurt.
    Anniversary
  • No suggestions, but it took me a couple minutes to realize that yoiur FI's name is probably not, in fact, Babe.
    Holy Crap. We survived the first year!
    http://tidetravel.weebly.com/index.html
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_drama-begins-fis-cousin-demands-bm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:69570c90-7d58-425d-86f4-3734b891846dPost:2a903ea4-8d00-4875-b2ae-bf6c1e0f59fe">Re: And the drama begins... FI's cousin demands to be BM</a>:
    [QUOTE]No suggestions, but <strong>it took me a couple minutes to realize that yoiur FI's name is probably not, in fact, Babe.</strong>
    Posted by tidetravel[/QUOTE]

LOL... It may as well be, because that's all  I call him lol
  • LOL Tide.

And OP, I like your FI.  Think he handled that well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards