Wedding Party

Hey, Gotta...

I finally got off my butt and made a bio, so you can see my crazy wedding. 
This is a neglected planning bio.
This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284

Re: Hey, Gotta...

• Beautiful!  Love the hats you guys wore :)

I LOVE the "Keep Calm and Carry On" necklace.  Off to see if another etsy seller makes them...
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • It's about time! Tongue out Everything seriously looks fabulous, so most certainly worth the wait.

I love the "Hidden Mickey" in your henna.

Also, I know there isn't a picture that really shows them off, but I remember you saying you were going to paint your shoes, I'm really curious how you did it and how well it turned out for you.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I didn't get pro pics of my shoes!  It's one of my main regrets, but also my own fault because I didn't get my photographer a shot list.  My camera has disappeared currently, but I've been meaning to take proper pictures of them.  They're leather so painting wasn't difficult; I used acetone to remove the finish, used white acrylic paint for a primer, then covered them with gold spray paint and went back in with the white acrylic and a gold paint pen for details.  I was really pleased with how they turned out.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • megk8ozmegk8oz member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Definitely post pictures when you get a chance. I've considered painting shoes before for costumes or just to have something "different" than just plain black/brown pump, but I've always been a little scared of messing up and completely ruining a pair of perfectly good shoes. Glad to hear that it can be done well.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Love it! You guys look so cute together :)
  • Aw, you guys look so cute!  I love your hats and how your BMs had fun hair accessories too!
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards