Texas-San Antonio
Options

Why are wedding veils sooo expensive? Is this common?

Okay, so I picked up my dress yesterday, and tried it on to see how it fit etc. etc. 

While trying it on, my sales associate was kind enough to take pictures of me in the dress and with different veils to try on.

I took a glimpse of the price of each veil, because I seriously had no idea
how much they cost, and I wanted to get a rough idea

Well I got a reality check! 
The prices ranged from $129-229 depending on the style
Really for a veil I'll only wear one day?

Is this normal? For veils to be this expensive?
where can I find a better deal?

BTW this was at Alfred Angelo

I would love store suggestions/even online ones if you've had a good experience. thank you!Smile
"If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog

Re: Why are wedding veils sooo expensive? Is this common?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alfredo Angelo can be pricer than other places.  I got mine online and paid $50 shipping and all! But I'm wearing a birdcage veil.  Google cheap wedding veils and just check around.  I'm sure you can find a really good deal. Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, they're absurd in regular stores. I bought mine from a seller on Etsy (http://www.etsy.com) for like $30. I would get yours on there.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been looking on Ebay too. I agree...I'm not paying a ton of money for a veil I'm only wearing for a short while.
  • Options
    rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Etsy as well.  I paid $85 for a $200 mantilla veil.  The quality of my veil is wonderful, I absolutely love it!!  Good luck finding one you love!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just to put things into perspective, how much are you spending on your dress, which you'll only wear for one day? Not that you should spend more than you could afford, but just a different way to think about it. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards