Wedding Party

Wedding Party Transportation

I have a probably obvious question, but can't quite seem to get my head around it.

The bridesmaids and my family are getting ready at my house on the day of my wedding. My fiance and I plan on getting a car to take just us to our hotel after our reception.

I feel like I am being "cheap" by not getting a limo to transport the bridal party to the ceremony and reception site...and then they have to drive back home in their own cars.

Is this cheap - am I overthinking this? Thanks!

Re: Wedding Party Transportation

• No you are not being cheap.

For my wedding, me and my girls got ready at my house.  Then my Mom, me and my girls drove to the ceremony/reception site.  (Both of my BMs had dates so getting home was not an issue)

The guys got ready at my H's parents house and then carpooled to the ceremony/reception site.

When the night was over my parents drove H and I to the hotel where many of our guests and my parents were staying for the night.

• I dont think that transportation is necessarily required.  Limos are expensive!  Just make sure everyone knows how they are getting to each place on your wedding day so they can plan. 
  • I'm not having a limo so my girls will be getting ready with me and they will be carpooling with my mom, their SO's will drive themselves to the church so they'll have transportation after the reception. I only got a rental car becuase my car is pretty small and i'll need backseat room but we don't turn that in till Monday.
  • The most recent wedding I was in we had no transportation arranged - we all got ready together and then drove to the venue and at the end of the night drove to the hotel - I would just make sure every knows where they are going and that they know you do not have transportation set up in adavance -
    Wedding Countdown Ticker ~~December Sept. 2013 Siggy Challenge~~ Now & Then Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards