Wedding Party
Options

Stop stealing my spotlight!

Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!

• Options
    I didn't, but that's the position I'm going to be in come April. My friend is getting married and I just found out I was pregnant, lol. So hurray for pregnant bridesmaids!! I'm glad you are taking it so well. There are too many "bridezillas" out there who would be flipping out over something that is such a joyful occasion. So keep up the good work and attitude and congratulations!!!!
  • Options
    I have two pregnant bridesmaids! I am super excited for both of my bridesmaids! Neither of mine have bought their dresses yet so they are still able to get the sized needed! And when my sister got married in 2009 my oldest sister was pregnant! So I am totally familiar with pregnant bridesmaids! 
  • Options
    My maid of honor just got pregnant and I couldn't be happier for her!  I don't care if my bridesmaids are lumpier than usual because they're nursing!  It's all part of the beauty of life and she should be praised for loving me enough to share my special day not for looking slightly different than all the other bridesmaids!  I can't wait for her baby to be born!  Brides who don't think that way are just selfish and judgmental.  We should celebrate new life, not condemn it based on our personal desires!
  • Options
    I have 4 of 5 bridesmaids that will have babies born in recent months at my wedding.  One of my friends was like I know you love babies but would you rather that I get a babysitter?  I was like um no...bring the kid!  I already have busloads of kids what's one more?  Plus I hear a baby crying before the start of the wedding is good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    One of my best friends is due in the week after my wedding. She would have been my MOH, but this is her first baby, and neither of us wanted her to have the stress of standing during the ceremony since we don't know how she'll be feeling. Instead, she's going to choose a dress that she likes and feels good in closer to the wedding date, and she's going to be my "Behind the Scenes Queen" so she can be as involved with everything as much as she wants to/feels able to. We both feel really good about her still being a part of things, but with the flexibility to adjust as needed.

Personally, I hope she goes into labor sometime during the ceremony or reception- I think it would be an AWESOME omen for my marriage! Also, since it's a first baby, if she goes into labor sometime during the wedding, I'd still have time to enjoy all the festivities and still get to the hospital before she actually gives birth! Win-win for all!
  • Options
    My step sister miscarried when I began dress shopping with the rest of the girls. I felt terrible and dibn't know what to do or say to console her. As a reult, she waited until 3 months before my wedding to order her dress because she "hoped" to be pregnant at our wedding. It was pretty selffish and irritating because I would never do that to her but what can I say I am happy for her that she is pregnant and wish she wasn't so high maintainence along the way.
  • Options
    My MOH who is also my sister in law is due a week or so after my wedding!  So we are expecting her to be huge!  But oh well, I'm just excited that I'm going to be an aunt. The company I picked out for BM dresses has a good selection of maternity ones, so she has started looking at those!  I'm more worried that she will give birth while we are on the honeymoon and I'll miss it!
  • Options

Both of my bridesmaids are pregnant. One (that happens to be my sister) might not be able to come b/c she lives out of town and will technically be 'full term'. I'm excited for both of them and couldn't imagine having my wedding without them, pregnant or not. So bring on the big bellies and let's celebrate!

• Options
    Yay for happy, nice brides!! 

My sister is hoping to be pregnant at my wedding and is very considerately going to start trying so she is 8 months at most by my date.  I can't believe how thoughtful she is to do that!!  I've been pretending to Bridezilla at her and joking about about kicking her out because of it, but the truth is I really want another niece or nephew!  I think a pregnant BM is a happy thing!!  I like the previous poster - "such a natural consequence of weddings!!"  I totally agree!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I asked one of my bridesmaids if she was ok with standing up preggers.   I knew she was trying so I figured that part was up to her.  She let me know that if she was late in her pregnancy around the wedding date that she wouldn't be comfortable standing up with us, so I asked another friend to be a back up bridesmaid just in case, also with full disclosure that she was in the wedding party if the first girl got pregnant right away.  I figure if the switch out doesn't happen I'll still get #2 gifts as though she stood up with us.  I can't ask someone to put their life on hold just because I'm getting married.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

my wedding was planned for june 24, 2011.  my sister called me about 2 weeks ago and told me she is preggo and expecting on june 27.  what are the odds, right? 

well, long story short, we've moved our wedding.  i cannot get married without my sister (and MOH) there... and i cannot fathom not being there for her and the new addition to our family.  not to mention, my parents would have to choose where to be!!  soooo.... we lose.  she wins.  no biggie.

however, if she had been 8 months pregnant or something, she would've worked that bridesmaid dress and i think it would've been fantastic :)

• Options
    How great!!  So cool that you're excited.  My wedding is in April, and my sister will be 8 months pregnant at that point.  She really, really wanted to be a pregnant bridesmaid so it all works out!  The best man plans to bring a catcher's mitt to the wedding..you know, just in case...

Congrats!
  • Options
    I have a bridesmaid who will be delivering about a week after my wedding. My biggest fear is that she may have to be on bed rest which has happened for her in the past with another baby. But we got her a great dress that will flatter a preggo belly and none of my bridesmaid dresses match so if it comes down to it another friend can simply go buy a purple knee length dress and stand in. 

I am really wanting my friend there and she is determined to be there, but I always think a backup plan is good to have... Just in case. 

Congrats though to your bridesmaid and to yourself. 
  • Options

2 of my BM just recently had babies and another one is pregnant and due a couple months after the wedding. I am so excited for all of them. I let them all get together and pick a dress that would be flattering for all of them, I'd rather them feel pretty and confident than uncomfortable.

• Options
    I have a pregnant BM..She is SO adorable in her dress...and she will be absolutely glowing. I'm sure people will give notice, and maybe glance over a few times during the ceremony, but who cares? I don't even care if they stare at her the whole time. I'll be in my own world, and won't notice anyone else but the one special man in my life at that moment.
  • Options
    I had a friend who's sister, who was also her MOH, was due around the time of the wedding and my friend refused to change the date of her wedding, even tho she knew this before planning. They just got a dress that would work for her. But she ended up having a C-section 2 or 3 days before the wedding, she was still able to stand up for her sister and baby was able to attend the wedding too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I dont have my own story but My cousin was in her sister wedding with a due date 2 weeks later and gave birth the next morning after the wedding she danced so hard she broke her water. Just have a back up bridesmaid in mind with possible dress in case she delivers real close to the wedding and cant be there!! Hope all goes well and you have a beautiful day!
  • Options
    Not sure where she bought her bridesmaid dress, but I do know for a fact that at David's Bridal, they allow exchanges for pregnant bridesmaids.  I was in my friends wedding this summer and we had just enough time to order a new larger size dress before the wedding at no extra charge!  It might be worth while checking with the company the dress was purchased at, because even though it says "No returns or exchanges" they sometimes do make exceptions.  Good luck!
  • Options
    Ahh! My MOH found out she was pregnant a couple months ago. She's due 3 months before my wedding, so that wasnt a problem. However, she didnt plan this baby - she is on BC and was told she couldnt have kids, and it happened anyway! Its definitely a miracle baby, I think maybe I'm more excited than her (haha). Since she didnt plan for this baby though, and shes not in a financially stable spot, she couldnt afford to be a bridesmaid anymore. Bah :( I'm still soo excited for her little boy to get here, though.
    What mama? I'm an artist :)Painting
    -8 months old-
  • Options
    I've never been to a wedding where a bridesmaid gave birth the day of the wedding. However, during my aunt's wedding, my family all heard someone whisper "bull sh*t!" and turned around to see that another one of my aunts had been timing her contractions and told my uncle she needed to go to the hospital! They slipped out at communion and she had her daughter early the next morning. It was great since all of our family was already in town for the wedding.
  • Options
    Well, i don't think having a pregnant BM is a problem, but I have the opposite problem.

I asked my best friend to be my MoH, and now she tells me today that she trying for a second baby, and she is afraid to fly (she lives in Europe), in case she is pregnant when I am getting married (in June). I feel bad asking her to do this for me, and I also don't want to tell her to stop trying to get pregnant, but she is my best friend and ideal MoH. I don't want to ask anyone else to take over for her. What do I do???
  • Options
    My MOH is currently 9 months pregnant but our wedding is not for another 2 months. She's all belly so she ordered her dress 2 sizes larger than normal since she will be breast feeding (hopefully!) still and will have it altered. She knocked out all of my bridal shower stuff early so it would be taken care of before her baby came and the newborn craziness ensued and then my FSIL (also a BM) is doing my bachelorette party!  It has been so exciting to trade stories about the exciting times in our lives and I agree that it feels like good luck to have a pregnant member of the BL. I feel like its a sign for our future :) You have an amazing attitude! Keep it up. Positivity is contagious and will come back around to help you one day when you really need it! :) Best wishes to you and Congratulations to your friend!
  • Options
    I have 2 pregnant BMs in my wedding this month.  happy for them both.  was a little surprised when my MOH told me the night before my shower and bach. party but all is well and neither is very far along so we don't have any dress problems or birth on the day of the wedding.  although i have a guest that really wants to make it and may give birth at the wedding if not before!  My mom was also pregnant with me when she was in a wedding so i can't complain about preggo bms!  glad to hear you are happy for your bm and everything is working itself out.
  • Options
     I actually have 2 out of 4 BM's pregnant!  However, none of them will still be prego when the wedding comes around!  Kinda wish they would be! 
  • Options
    I found out when I was asking my friend to be a BM that she's pregnant, but she's due 6 or 7 months before my wedding so it shouldn't be a problem, she just called in her measurements to the store we ordered dresses from and let them know they were taken while she's 5 months pregnant.

What's funny, is that when I asked my sister a few weeks later to be a BM I found out that she too is expecting and is due right around the same time as my other BM. Her measurements went in as 5 months pregnant too.

I love it. I'm so happy for both of them and it's funny to say that two of my bridesmaids are pregnant, but neither of them will be on the actual day. I'm still waiting to find out that one or more out of my 3 remaining bridesmaids find out they're pregnant between now and my wedding day. I think it would be great!

Cheers to life!!  Laughing
  • Options
    I will not have any pregnant bridesmaids at my wedding (fingers crossed), however my Matron of Honor (my sister-in-law) is currently acting as a surrogate mother for a friend. She had been working on the whole process for almost a year when progress slowed and I figured she had put it on the back burner. Then about two months ago, the ball started rolling again and she was able to have the transplant done. Luckily, she got pregnant right away and will give birth around May-June. The wedding is in September so there are no worries! Carrying someone else's child is a very selfless and kind thing to do so there was no way I could be upset even if she did end up being pregnant by the time the wedding rolled around.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:fa46a578-bad4-4f23-a98c-98ba2b4e9c8b">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]My best friend/bridesmaid bought the dress, got pregnant, exchanged the dress for a bigger size then found out she couldnt attend the destination wedding due to pregagny complications. My wedding is in 2 weeks and she is stuck on bed rest :(
    Posted by jaclyndoherty[/QUOTE]

<div>Same thing is happening to me right now. Only my wedding is in 3 weeks, and she is still having complications :(</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_stop-stealing-spotlight?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:78d848e0-23e6-4401-a3ef-1c4d326fe818Post:73d0dfa2-711c-461e-9660-f8306f0d13d1">Re: Stop stealing my spotlight!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am thinking of telling her that we could find some other way to incorporate her in the wedding - part of me thinks this is the answer she wants to hear  - I wish she would just be honest and tell me if she really wants to get out of it --- my feelings wont be hurt at all - in fact it would make me feel better about my decision !!!!
    Posted by sarichar[/QUOTE]

I think that a great way to still have someone as a part of the wedding is to ask them to either help out with making sure things get done (it gives them a special way to take part and also takes some stress off of your own shoulders that day) or to have them do a reading or use a talent they have ie. if they are musically inclined they can participate in adding to your day that way.

Good luck...it can be hard to ask someone to step out, but it's also hard to ask to step out of a wedding. I'm sure she doesn't want to insult you or put you out by making you find someone to fill her place.
  • Options
    I actually got engaged and one of my bridesmaids was pregnant at the time. So she told me a few months ago. Well now my wedding is in May and she is due in March. She hasn't gotten her dress yet but is showing a baby bump. She is the type of girl who loves attention so I am worried about MY WEDDING DAY!!! I've tried telling her I wouldn't mind if she couldn't do it.  I mentioned it's going to be hard for her to watch the baby and also enjoy being in the wedding! Plus to top it all off we are not allowing children at the wedding! She was floored when I told her that! So now I am stuck bc I see her everyday at work and have to deal with her. I wish there was a nice way to say " you're not in my wedding!"  To top it all off she is already worried about the cost of hair and her dress and shoes! So that's why she hasn't gotten the dress!!!!
    UGH Good luck with your situation! Any help with mine?
  • Options
    My cousin  you is one of my bridesmaids is prego and she is due  around the week of the wedding. I'm really excited for her,because she has been trying to have another child for so long. She already told me they wanted to get pregnant by the time i got married before hand, so it wasn't a big shocker when she told me. I left it up to her if she'd like to continue being a bridesmaid, She doesn't want to risk ruin the wedding by her going into labor. So i left it all up to her. I personally don't mind if she stays in the wedding. But worst cast senario , i don't really have much people to pick from , for a last minute bridesmaid. Either i'd have to find a new bridesmaid or just cut one groomsmen and 1 bridesmaid to even it out.
    Yeah it can be a big inconvienience , but i would leave it up to your bridesmaid if she'd like to continue to be a bridesmaid. I personally don't think it would be right to just say hey you can't be my bridesmaid anymore cause your prego. It may be your big day, but you chose these certain people to be in your wedding ,because they meant  a great deal to you, don't let one little thing such as a pregnancy ruin your day. It will only make your day more special.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards