Wedding Party

7 groomsmen, 4 bridesmaids

Originally we started with 7 groomsmen and 6 bridesmaids. Two of my bridesmaids dropped out of the wedding because of money issues, so now we are at 7 and 4.

Guess what?

It's not the end of the world and having an uneven number of people in our wedding is not going to make the marriage any less valid.

I don't post very often but I have seen so many people in this board freak out about the number of people in the wedding party so I really felt compelled to say:

Breathe. Relax. Don't view your wedding party as a collection of warm bodies, view them as the people you would want to stand next to you on one of the most special days of your life.

Please don't "replace" people who drop out. It's insulting to the person you are replacing and the person you are replacing them with.

Sorry to get preachy, but I just needed to get that off my chest.

Re: 7 groomsmen, 4 bridesmaids

• Thank you!

I'm not sure why people freak out about the evenness of wedding parties.

As if their officiant will put them on a see-saw test!

• Well, we are doing the ceremonial tug-of-war to see which one of us gets custody of the remote control. But if my girls really dig their heels in, I think we've got a shot.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_7-groomsmen-4-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:7c9645b7-c6db-4e1a-9103-eccd868680b0Post:03dacf5e-dca5-4caa-b00e-df988f9ad63a">Re: 7 groomsmen, 4 bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, we are doing the ceremonial tug-of-war to see which one of us gets custody of the remote control. But if my girls really dig their heels in, I think we've got a shot.
    Posted by caityinphilly[/QUOTE]

I wish I thought of that! DH currently has us watching the DIY network on fixing up your own house....we dont own a house...haha

and good for you for not caring about the symetry, and concentrating on the actual people who are there to support you!
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_7-groomsmen-4-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:7c9645b7-c6db-4e1a-9103-eccd868680b0Post:03dacf5e-dca5-4caa-b00e-df988f9ad63a">Re: 7 groomsmen, 4 bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, we are doing the ceremonial tug-of-war to see which one of us gets custody of the remote control. But if my girls really dig their heels in, I think we've got a shot.
    Posted by caityinphilly[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA, this is hilarious.
  • I'm glad to see this post. My fiance is a social butterfly and has a list of guys he wants as groomsmen. I have far fewer female friends who I feel close enough with to ask to be bridesmaids. In fact, if it was up to me, I would have my sister up there and no one else, mainly because I am not really into the whole "bridesmaid" thing in the first place. But it would look pretty weird if I just had my sister up there and he has five groomsmen!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards