Wedding Party

BM dresses-lowering the cost

With all the talk about the cost of bridesmaid dresses, I just wanted to throw out that a lot of bridal shops will negotiate/price match. 

For my wedding, we found the dresses (B2) at a local bridal store and then I called Netbride, RK Bridal, and Pearl's Place and got price quotes from all of them and then went back to the bridal store and she reduced the price.  It wasn't too much off so we ended up going with netbride.com (great experience). 

For my friend's wedding last July, she found an Alfred Angelo at a local store and then I called up netbride, RK, and Pearl's Place and we got the bridal store to come down $20. 

It's at least worth a try.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BabyFruit Ticker
TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!

Re: BM dresses-lowering the cost

• Thanks, this is exactly what I'm going to do! I found the dress we're getting on houseofbrides.com for $137. (I've gotten reviews from knotties about HoB that are very good.) When we're ready to order I'm going to talk with my bridal consultant at Alfred Angelo. I bought my dress there and she was able to bring it down by about $300, plus give me a discount on my veil and crinoline. So we'll see!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards