Wedding Party

Creative ways to ask your bridesmaids/groomsmen to be in your wedding

Here is one that I used for my bridesmaids/bridesman. I wrote it myself. Please feel free to ad other ideas.

___
Confidence, shaken.
Fears, they ignite!
Creativity, wakens
and butterflies fly.

He asked me to marry.
I readily said, yes!
I need someone to help me
Through upcoming stress.

You've always been there.
You're more than a friend.
You know who I am.
You know where I've been.

You've stood by my side
Through all of these years.
You've laughed at me and with me.
You've helped calm my fears.

I would be so honored
If you said 'Yay!'
To standing with me
On my wedding day.

Will you be my (insert title here)?
_____
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Creative ways to ask your bridesmaids/groomsmen to be in your wedding

• Don't make a production out of it.  Just ask each person individually.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I sent the poem to them, by mail. I thought it would be nice to formaly ask them, instead of over facebook, since they aren't in state (yet).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Creative ways to ask your bridesmaids/groomsmen to be in your wedding:[QUOTE]I sent the poem to them, by mail. I thought it would be nice to formaly ask them, instead of over facebook, since they aren't in state yet. Posted by aluaevolver[/QUOTE]

I am sad that apparently nobody makes phone calls anymore. One of the most emotional moments of my wedding planning was calling my out of state MOH, who I've been friends with since before I can remember, to tell her I'd gotten engaged. We both cried on the phone, happy tears, obviously. But I can't imagine not having that conversation personally.
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My friend made a scrapbook for each of her girls. I loved it, I cried lol.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_creative-ways-to-ask-your-bridesmaidsgroomsmen-to-be-in-your-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:84188ce4-9a72-4d02-950d-ca0bf1053130Post:b42faa8c-0656-4b98-bd17-e9d186270713">Re:Creative ways to ask your bridesmaids/groomsmen to be in your wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Creative ways to ask your bridesmaids/groomsmen to be in your wedding: I am sad that apparently nobody makes phone calls anymore. One of the most emotional moments of my wedding planning was calling my out of state MOH, who I've been friends with since before I can remember, to tell her I'd gotten engaged. We both cried on the phone, happy tears, obviously. But I can't imagine not having that conversation personally.
    Posted by calliopeia2013[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I called everyone to tell them I got engaged. Because these wonderful ladies, and man, are my best friends, I wanted to do something creative as well. The three of them all said yes. No worries.

I also like the idea of a sort of photo album or scrap book. I don't think I would have thought of that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you already did it, what's the point of posting?  If you'd lurk, you'd know that conventional wisdom on the board is just to ask.  I don't even remember _if_ I asked my attendants.  That wasn't the important part.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I sent the girls flowers asking them. Who doesn't love getting flowers delivered at the office, and they were all so excited when they called to say YES!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Do what you want. People will advise you to just ask, but if you have the money and want to make it a cute production, then do it! Its your wedding!  There is no right/wrong!

image213 Invited
    image150 Wouldn't Miss it for the World image39 Will Celebrate From Afar
    RSVP Date: July 20, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards