Texas-San Antonio
Options

Need advice b4 I go dress shopping!!

I need suggestions on the best place to shop for a dress if you are a bigger girl.  I am nearly 6ft tall and broad shouldered.  I tried dresses on in 10/2009 at a David's Bridal and they had 4 dress styles in my size.   I think the dress size I will need will be somewhere betweek an 18-20.  The attendant was very rude and not helpful at all.  I realize I'm an odd size and everything I want to try on won't be available in my size.  But, I don't like being discriminated against because I'm not a size 2!!  There must be some shops in San Antonio that carry dresses in the bigger sizes.  Not just 2 halter styles and 2 strapless styles.  HELP!!!!!  I feel ike I'm too large to be able to find a beautiful dress.  I don't want to settle.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Re: Need advice b4 I go dress shopping!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED Mayfair Bridal.  I'm not sure whether they carry a lot in your size; I would just give them a call to see. Hope they'll be  a good option for you!!
  • Options
    rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, I made an appointment with them tomorrow.  Hopefully it goes well :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow I am surprised David's didn't have more. When I went there there were rows and rows of 18-20 dresses.

Maybe Alfred Angelo works?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!!! I actually went dress shopping today for the first time and got my dress!!!
    I got mine at The Bridal Galleria; however before buying it- I decided to look at other places.  Debi's Bridal and Glamour Bridal actually carried a variety of styles and of bigger sizes as well. 
  • Options
    rumbler92rumbler92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thank you for all the suggestions!  I went to Mayfair Bridal and bought my dream dress!  Thanks again ladies! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards