Texas-San Antonio
Options

Engagement Ring, and Wedding Band

A couple questions ladies, searching for our bands my fiance and I came across a dilemna. I have a high set solitaire round brilliant on a twisted band with tiny diamonds in each twist, like a braid. He went ahead and purchased the matching band for it. It's perfect. However, I worry a tad about my diamond being set high. Does anyone else have this type of setting? If so do you have to be extra carefull? Thanks in advance for your advice...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement Ring, and Wedding Band

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you will have a problem or have to take special care of it (well, maybe a wee bit more cautious). I would ask the place where your FI got it from if they have any suggestions on care, etc. Also, did he purchase a protection plan? That would be a good thing to have as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well he purchased it at Americus Diamond. Their warranty/protection plan comes with ring purchase. Thanks for responding, I will have to be extra careful :)
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You might see if there is a way they can secure it if you are worried. I think it will be fine as high sets aren't that uncommon (unless you are talking REALLY high).  It really depends on what you do.

My FI got me a diamond wedding band instead of a solitaire since it is all low set.  I work in a lab and am constantly changing gloves.  A solitaire would either break my gloves or risk coming loose.

If you work in an office you are more likely to be ok.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since you have a protection plan, they should cover anything that happens to your ring. You shouldn't have to be careful with it. That's what the plans are for.
  • Options
    KatandDan12KatandDan12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good job on your FI for getting the plan. Just be sure to have the setting checked periodically and you should be fine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards