Wedding Party
Options

Why wedding favors is necessary?

Hello everyone...

As all are using some favors in their wedding or any other occasion. But i want to know that why favors are so important in wedding?

What role favor plays in any function?

And how we select favors?

Thanks in advance..

Re: Why wedding favors is necessary?

• Options
    They're not necessary.  We're not having them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_why-wedding-favors-is-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:92455333-af48-4016-a2ab-17fc60a072bdPost:88d77baa-5e08-4695-9295-2f64014b1a18">Re: Why wedding favors is necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]They aren't necessary, but if there is no favor I am a bit disappointed. That being said,<strong> I really only want a favor if I can eat it.</strong> I'd be pretty happy with some Hershey's kisses.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

<div>Ha!  We're having a candy buffet and will likely make that the favor.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Options
    Favors are not necessary. We were going to skip favors, but my mom insisted. I told her our dessert bar was favor enough. She went out and bought favors and made custom labels for them. ::shrugs::
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I think a sweets bar with a thank you and personalized/decorated bags (paper bags and rubber stamp!) is good enough! Maybe do pastries for the next morning?
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nope not a must at all.  We are not having them for my daughters wedding. We never bring them home from a wedding either. So if someone is going to have them it should be a edible item.
  • Options
    We weren't planning on them and my mom nearly flipped. We had a giant cocktail hour, a choice of dinner entree, and a giant dessert hour plus a full bar, so IDK why anyone would've been disappointed not to get a little bag of candy on top of all that.

That being said, I booked a photobooth the week before our wedding and the guests loved it. They took the strips home with them so I guess that was their favor. My mom was satisfied by that, lol.
  • Options
    I hate favors unless they're edible, or somehow useful... though the only useful ones I've ever received were edible! We'll be doing ginger candy and candied pineapple (they prevent nausea, and our wedding is on a boat). Don't feel obligated to do them if you don't want to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad to hear the favors are not required. We got a photobooth and I thought it would be great favors. Then I thought about the guests that may not even use it and thought I should do something more.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_why-wedding-favors-is-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:92455333-af48-4016-a2ab-17fc60a072bdPost:ec62d286-dc78-4c3f-a170-30f342a700c4">Re: Why wedding favors is necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm so glad to hear the favors are not required. We got a photobooth and I thought it would be great favors. Then I thought about the guests that may not even use it and thought I should do something more.
    Posted by marichella21[/QUOTE]

I would think the photobooth would be considered a favor since they get to take a strip of photos home. FWIW, I haven't attended a wedding in my area yet that's had favors. They aren't an obligation to provide at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_why-wedding-favors-is-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:92455333-af48-4016-a2ab-17fc60a072bdPost:e1a616bd-e203-4e03-8445-1fd76965e27b">Re:Why wedding favors is necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We skipped them. They arent important or necessary. Their function is to act as an extra little thank you for your guests, which is really the purpose of the whole reception.
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Thanks for info.
    :)
  • Options
    parteasepartease member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_why-wedding-favors-is-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:92455333-af48-4016-a2ab-17fc60a072bdPost:c05b9775-3fe3-493d-bc7e-80a5f588945c">Re: Why wedding favors is necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate favors unless they're edible, or somehow useful... though the only useful ones I've ever received were edible! We'll be doing ginger candy and candied pineapple (they prevent nausea, and our wedding is on a boat). Don't feel obligated to do them if you don't want to.
    Posted by TaraKeeley[/QUOTE]

Seriously you had ginger candy in your wedding....

Strange
  • Options
    parteasepartease member
    First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Thanks everyone for sharing your views...

I'm so glad to read your views....

it helps me a lot...

• Options
    Wow, vendor...way to dupe everyone into helping you promote your business.  Reported.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_why-wedding-favors-is-necessary?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:92455333-af48-4016-a2ab-17fc60a072bdPost:19459d0a-0bfa-439c-b3f8-385d5a2c6c90">Re: Why wedding favors is necessary?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why wedding favors is necessary? : <strong>Seriously you had ginger candy in your wedding.... Strange</strong>
    Posted by partease[/QUOTE]

Seriously? She explained why (ginger eases nausea, like the kind some people experience on boats, like the one her wedding was on).

I ditto everyone...favors are not required. We are not having them at our wedding...we may go out and buy a huge bag of herseys kisses at most...and that might just be so I have access to chocolate :D LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards