Wedding Party

White House Weddings

Since we have a former first daughter getting married this weekend, which first kid's wedding is one that you particularly liked?  Nellie Grant was the first white house wedding, Alice Roosevelt's was the wedding of the year, Julie Nixon purposely got married before her dad was sworn in to try to keep it private, Tricia Nixon had a Rose Garden ceremony, Jenna Bush didn't want the white house wedding and was married in Crawford, John Kennedy somehow managed to have a private ceremony, Caroline Kennedy was married at Hyannis Port with shamrocks embroidered on her dress, Amy Carter was married in a small ceremony, LBJ's girls married in the white house (I don't remember much except really bad dresses that were stylish for the time).

Which is your favorite? (and please leave politics out of your answers)

EDIT - AOL has a page on this today
AKA GoodLuckBear14

Re: White House Weddings

• Honestly, I've never really paid attention to White House weddings.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I have no idea. I never paid attention, either.
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • Wait, AOL is still around?
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_white-house-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9e740da0-7442-4342-a3c2-d4e28b488fc6Post:3539bb76-e4a6-4614-b8f0-962a5906960c">Re: White House Weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, AOL is still around?
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Yes.  It was set up as the homepage and I haven't changed it yet.  I kind of like the news stories and features.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_white-house-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:9e740da0-7442-4342-a3c2-d4e28b488fc6Post:14fd5d7f-09de-477d-9412-df6fcb2d29f2">Re: White House Weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: White House Weddings : Yes.  It was set up as the homepage and I haven't changed it yet.  I kind of like the news stories and features.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

same here! they always have pretty interesting stories.
  • I wanted Jenna Bush's dress.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I never paid attention to white house weddings. I don't even really pay attention to that many celebrity weddings either.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • I like what I can see of Tricia Nixon's dress. (I looked up the article.)  My mom showed me pics of Jenna Bush's BMs as an example of having different shades of the same color dresses.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards