Wedding Party
Options

Thank you from a lurker =)

I've been lurking around these boards since I got engaged in August, but haven't really had a reason to post until now.

I pretty much knew as soon as I got engaged that I wanted to ask my sister and my 3 closest girlfriends to be my bridesmaids. I also knew from the get-go that it is totally okay to have uneven sides, but FI was really stuck on the idea of symmetry. He really wanted to ask his 6 closest guy friends, and was trying to figure out which two he could leave out to make the sides even. He even asked if I could "find" two more girls to ask! Then as the months went on, we found out there was a chance that one of my girls may not be able to make it to the wedding. I was still planning on asking her anyway, so then FI was asking me if he should only ask 3 guys, or go ahead and ask 4 of them, and then ask one of them to step down if my BM couldn't be there (I think my head almost exploded when he asked me this!).

Fast forward through a couple of months of the subject being brought up once in awhile, me lurking through these boards, sharing all of your suggestions on why uneven sides are okay with him, and I've FINALLY convinced him to ask all six guys! Just like I can't imagine not having all four of my girls up there with me on the big day, I can't imagine FI not having all six of these guys up there with him.

So I just wanted to say thank you to all the regulars who time and time again give so many good reasons why sides don't need to be symmetrical. Like I said, I knew from the beginning it was okay, but you ladies gave me all the arguments that finally convinced my FI of the same. We're really starting to nose-dive into our planning now, so hopefully I will be posting a lot more! Thank you all again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards