Wedding Party

Is black ok for June?

I have had a really hard time finding a dress and color combo that I like. I personally would like all my girls in the same dress, but the dresses we all like do not come in the colors I had picked out. Also, everytime I find a color I like, I find out that it is either being removed from the catalog or does not come in the dress we like. I am about to resort to black dresses with sashes of the colors. However, I don't know if black is too somber for June. Our ceremony is at 3:30 in June, so it will still be daylight out. I know my girls would wear a black dress again, which they may not do with a colored dress. What do you think?

Re: Is black ok for June?

• I think black is great!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • I am going for black dresses in a daytime October wedding in the South, so I second a YES vote for black dresses.
    Photobucket
  • I suppose I should add to this if you think black would look ok with irises.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_black-ok-june?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a9124eef-0566-4d7a-aa6a-c1445fd9cc4ePost:0748c4c2-2f21-470b-bab1-569184d4a2fb">Re: Is black ok for June?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I suppose I should add to this if you think black would look ok with irises.
    Posted by fishieballerina[/QUOTE]

I think the black would make the irises pop.  I think it would look very nice.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Black works any time of year. I used them for September.
    Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
    My Planning Bio
    My Married Bio updated March 4
  • Black is great for any day, with any flower.  You can't go wrong with it.
  • Black is fantastic!

My BMs wore black in August.
  • I wore a black BM dress in a June wedding once.  My complaint wasn't the color but the fact that the dress was long and heavy, basically a winter dress, on the hottest day of the year.  So as long as the fabric is light enough for summer I think it's a great idea.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • I think it's fine. I'm planning to have my BMs in black cocktail dresses for an April wedding. Like a PP said, just pay attention to the fabric, not so much the color.

Also, I've bought green sashes for my BMs to brighten things up and add a pop of color. They'll carry pink gerbera daisies, which I think will look cute and cheerful. I also plan to get them green pashminas.
  • mine wore black in August. They were long dresses, but they were chiffon, and everyone loved them. And then my flowers were hot pink, orange and yellow to pop against the black! =) 
  • All of my girls live in different states; making shopping a little hard, so I'm having each of them pick out a matte black dress.  I then plan on adding a colored sash to brighten it all up.  All of this for a May wedding.  So I think your plans for black in June are great.  Black is classy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards