Wedding Party

Cute/fun ideas for bridesmaids

How did you ask your bridesmaids to be in your wedding?

Re: Cute/fun ideas for bridesmaids

• weddingx - you're a vendor and you can't post here.  Goodbye.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• I don't remember how I asked.  I honestly don't remember IF I asked anyone except the MOH.  The act of asking wasn't the important part.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I took my SIL to the bridal shop and told her to pick out whatever dress she wanted to wear in my wedding.  I only had a MOH.  In fairness, she didn't ask me either, just told me what dress to buy.  My favorite for being asked was in college when a friend and I were working at the same hardware store.  During a mad rush of customers, she turned and said, "Before I forget, do you want to be a bridesmaid?"  No fuss.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I asked my MOH in person, as well as one BM. The other two are OOT so I called them up and asked. I didn't do anything cutesy.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Well I told my sister that she was going to be my MOH when I called to tell her my H proposed.

My BM (only had 1) told me about 3 months prior getting engaged that she was going to be in my wedding.  The day I got engaged I called her and said "You know how you said that you were going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding whenever it came to fruition, well it has now become a reality!"

Honestly, I would skip any fanfare and pomp and circumstance.  Just pick up the phone or meet them in person and ask them.  They don't need anything "cutsey" to make it more meaningful.  The fact that you asked them to take part in such a special day of yours is meaningful enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards