Texas-San Antonio

Review of Open House at Boulder Springs

Ladies-- I attended the event at Boulder Springs tonight, because it is my venue. I have already booked all my vendors, but I thought posting the vendors that I liked may help some of you getting married in New Braunfels.

Favorite Cake-- Serendipity Cakesby Kami Besson 830-822-8800
She had mini cakes set out, along with her full size cupcakes and her cake examples. The examples were exquisite. However, the awesomeness came in when I tried a mini sample of the regular vanilla cake. It was moist, not overly rich and melted in my mouth. It was a joy!! She works out of New Braunfels, so the cake delivery fee would probably not be charged, although I did not ask that. I would have to say that if I didn't already have my cake paid for, then I would totally have to book her.

Awesome cupcakes- Gruene Flour Bakery - The have a shop in Gruene, TX. www.grueneflourcupcakery.com I am a pretty big fan of this place, just for birthday and such, because they have wonderful flavors. I personally like the full cakes, but if you are looking for a place that does the cupcakes, and does them well, then check them out.

Something sweet- but still different- 2tarts Bakery- www.2tarts.com
As you can see, the open house was full of cake vendors. 2Tarts had mini homemade strawberry shortcake to give out, to remind brides that they have many options instead of the normal cakes. They do pies, tarts, and other sweet options if cake just isn't your thing. They also have catering and also do wedding cakes as well. And I just love the shop downtown.

Catering-- River City Catering out of New Braunfels, rivercitycatering.com
The had mash potatoes that were AMAZING, and served a pork stuffed tenderloin to go with it. They were both super yummy and the display was pretty. They had a candy bar out, which my kid loved, and the servers were super nice.

Jimmy Lyn's Catering and Smokehouse- http://www.jimmylyns.com/
I had the beef tenderloin, the brisket and the salad. The salad was fresh, clean, and wonderful. It had walnuts and cranberries that complemented the meats really well. The tenderloin was delectable. I favored it over the brisket, and loved that they carved it right in front of me. The not only do weddings but rehearsal dinners too!

I didn't go to the other stations, such as flowers and photography. However, out of all the vendors that were there (about 30), these were my FAV's!! I recommend them all for people to try in the New Braunfels area.

Re: Review of Open House at Boulder Springs

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards