Wedding Party

NEED HELP! Need really cute and trendy but reasonably priced BLACK BRIDESMAIDS DRBlack bridesmaid d

Hello Fellow Brides and Wedding Planners,

I need some major help.  I need some really trendy, really different black brides maides dresses.  I have found some that i like on www.dessy.com but they all are over $200.00.  I really want the dresses to be under $200. But I want them to be very different. I have 11 bridesmaids and I want each girl to wear a different dress.  I am hoping someone out there can help me. I have included some examples of the dresses I like from dessy.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: NEED HELP! Need really cute and trendy but reasonably priced BLACK BRIDESMAIDS DRBlack bridesmaid d

• Thanks for the tip Stage Manager 14.   Though your suggestions are good, I still want to pick the dresses.  I have 11 people. With so many people there is a danger of so many things going wrong. Dresses looking so completely different, inappropriate dresses, etc.  I really dont want to risk it because I have an ultra religious souther baptist family.   I was just looking for website suggestions for dresses under $200. If you have any suggestions for websites please share.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • stephie25stephie25 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2012
    Talk to your bridesmaids and figure ou what price range they are comfortable in. Pick a day (or even two and do half the group at a time) go to a bridal shop and pick out the dresses with them. Stipulate floor length, black, and a particular fabric if you care. With that many people you either have to do matching dresses or just let them pick what they are comfortable with and approve it before they buy it. Don't drive yourself nuts looking online. ETA: I have 6 girls and a jr bridesmaid, two are in CA. There was enough chaos (good chaos, but chaos) picking the dresses with the 5 who were there. You really might want to do this in a couple of visits, for your own sanity.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    November 2012 October Siggy - The Venue!
    imageVilla
  • Try http://www.weddingtonway.com/ They have some of the dresses that Dessy's site has, but there are a ton of dresses under $200. I would suggest picking the color you want first, then click on any random dress in that color--it will bring you to a new page with just that dress and you can click on "Other dresses in this color." You'll have a ridiculous amount of choices. 
  • I also think that trying to find that many different dresses could pose some problems.  What if 3 girls like the same dress?  What about different body shapes?  Why not pick out 4 or 5 that are acceptable and within their budgets, and let them choose?
  • aerinpegadrakaerinpegadrak member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I would let them do the shopping and have them run it by you before they purchase.  Just the thought of trying to find eleven different dresses to work for eleven different body types and eleven different budgets (and they need to give you the numbers individually, rather than you picking something arbitrary) makes me want to slit my wrists.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_need-help-need-really-cute-and-trendy-but-reasonably-price-black-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:b9208cd3-8fb6-4025-81f6-2ca2b4ba8f41Post:2942df97-2678-47c9-8553-825d4456a0b3">Re: NEED HELP! Need really cute and trendy but reasonably priced BLACK BRIDESMAIDS DRBlack bridesmaid dresses!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would let them do the shopping and have them run it by you before they purchase.  Just the thought of trying to find eleven different dresses to work for eleven different body types and eleven different budgets (and they need to give you the numbers individually, rather than you picking something arbitrary) makes me want to slit my wrists.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]
    Same, aerin.  Why volunteer for that kind of stress?

• Ditto on the David's Bridal. I don't think any of their BM dresses are over $200.

Do you really want them all in the same dress? It seems like it will be hard to find one dress that makes everyone happy. Make an appt at David's Bridal. They'll block off a time for you and everyone can go together and try dresses on. If you have certain criteria for the dress just let everyone know up front. (i.e. - You want it floor length, strapless, straps ect.)  David's dresses tend to come in fairly quickly so if you have 9 months I wouldn't stress about it right now. 

Macy's might be a good option to. The one in my area has great choices for formal wear.

Personally I think that $200 is a very healthy budget for BM dresses. If they are willing to spend that much you can definately get them from a boutique.
  • We are using jcrew.com and utilizing their sales.  Often their sale dresses drop to $99 and then they do 30% off which makes them $69!  I think the long dresses would  be a bit more, but still under the $200 mark.  They make all their dresses in a variety of colors (including black).  They do have JCrew bridal shops around the country, so your girls can go try them on before they buy.

I'm not sure if there are 11 different styles (which sounds like a nightmare to plan).  Why do you want so many different styles?  I let my ladies pick their own styles so they'd be comfortable, but with five bridesmaids, they all picked the same two styles which is fine with me, too!  I guess I just don't get the point of insisting on different styles and agree with PPs that what if multiple girls like the same dress? 

Also, I agree with the PP about using black for your Southern Baptist ceremony could ruffle some feathers.  If you don't care, go ahead, but there may be backlash. 

White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker 168 invited image | 61 are coming image | 10 can't make it image | 97 still need to reply! image
    RSVP Deadline: March 9th
  • edited March 2013
    Hi, there are soooo many similar dresses like you post on JenJenHouse.com.

I recently bought one dress from them.It arrived on time as promised and seriously is amazing! I paid 100.00 for this dress and it looks like I paid 500 for it! So pleased with this purchase!

Also, recently they have an activity on their FB. You could go and have a look.

https://www.facebook.com/events/141111119389779/

You could also see the reviews on their website first and then decide.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards