Texas-San Antonio

Engagement Party Help

Hi ladies-I just had a question. My parent's are throwing my fiancé & I an engagement party at my childhood home. They are taking care of the food and beverages, and since my parent's are low on cash, I have volunteered to pay for the decorations and whatever else is needed, such as invites, etc. I've already picked out some nice invitations and can kind of get a picture of the decorations (simple, casual), but cannot , for the life of me, figure out what one DOES at an engagement party. Since, of course, this is my first e-party and obviously, my parent's first, we aren't very knowledgable on what exactly goes on during an engagement party. It's informal and casual, so just meet and greet, mingle type thing? Should we think about games or party favors? If some of you ladies can share some ideas from your engagement parties or ideas of what you want for yours, that would be really helpful. The party is September 19th, btw, so a little over a month away. Thanks!
Running buddies are forevah.

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Completed 2012 Races: Cupid's Chase 5k Feb. 11th: 26:20, Donovan's Run 5k March 10th: 25:00, Statesman Cap 10k March 25th: 57:19

Upcoming: Komen Race for the Cure 10k May 12th (SA)

Re: Engagement Party Help

• edited December 2011
    Friends just threw us a E Party this weekend...& we got engaged a year ago!  They did a poolside summer cookout w/a Tiki theme.  Which has nothing to do w/our wedding theme.  But went w/the summer vibe.
    We had a wonderful time.   It really was very casual w/just hanging by the pool & mingling w/friends.  I would gage your guests as far as how they feel about games, remeber it's a party, not a shower :o)  In my opinion favors would not be necessary.  Hope this was helpful-have a great time & congrats!
  • nicoleami3nicoleami3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had a hawaiian/tiki themed engagement party and my family fortunately took care of all the decorating and picked up bar-b-que. Although we had been dating for nearly 5 years our familys had never really interacted so we planned games to get people warmed up like: we both sat at the front of the room and questions were asked like..."who weighed more at birth, who do you think went to a Britney Spears concert..etc." and took many pictures with family, had cake, opened gifts.
  • PChefDonyaPChefDonya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi!If you need any help with your bridal shower I am a pampered chef consultant. We have lots of fun and its very inexpensive! If you have any questions you can visit my personal website www.pamperedchef.biz/donya">https://www.pamperedchef.biz/donya
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards