Texas-San Antonio

Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch

I am thinking about having my ceremony and reception at the Grande Hall and am wondering if any one on the board has been to a wedding there or had a wedding there.  Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch

• edited December 2011
    You may want to scroll down to the thread that is titled Vendor ALERT -- BEWARE! and was posted by BabyBlueNTexas. That posting has to do with this place.   : )
  • edited December 2011
    It is a nice venue-- but I wouldn't book there if you care about having a contract. They won't provide one for you and we lost 1000 dollars in deposits when we pulled out because they wouldn't provide one. My last post has all the details.
  • edited December 2011
    Just recently attended a girlfriends wedding reception there and it was BEAUTIFUL! The caterer from castroville cafe was awesome of all the vendors and problems she had these two went above and beyond to make her day just what she wanted
  • jessicanorenejessicanorene member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just photographed a wedding there on August 14th. It was amazing, and the staff was phenomenal! I never heard anything about this no-contract stuff until just now, so I would DEFINITELY not hand over a dime without a contract (NEVER, ever get a vendor without a contract!!). But if you go out there for a consultation, you can discuss that with them and make sure your terms will be written into one. I just have to say it was really nice to have such great staff at a venue, and it was really quite pretty and gave a very nice flow to the whole evening!
  • intendtomarryintendtomarry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding there.  The food was ok; served family style but it is very country, almost church picnicking feel; I didn't real care for it
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception there next year.  After reading about the no contract thing I emailed the owners just to double check, and so I have an e-mail confirmation that they received our deposit and we have our date.  We have met with the caterer and eaten at his restaurant, it's really good.  You don't have to have it served family style, you can also do a sit down dinner or buffet.  I'm looking forward to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards