Texas-San Antonio
Options

BM dress dilemma

Hi Ladies!!

Is anyone else having a hell of a time searching for BM dresses?  I've been looking on and off for months and now I really need to get on it.  The only problem is that I don't like any of the options I've seen.  Either I hate them or love them and usually the ones I love are too expensive in my opinion.  I don't care for David's Bridal or Alfred Angelo.  Anyone have any advice or similar stories?

Amanda :)

Re: BM dress dilemma

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i picked Mori Lee. style #370... price runs about $146... what is your price point? I went to Debi's Bridal
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There is a place called Bella Bridesmaid on Broadway that looks like it has a decent selection, but I'm not sure about pricing.  I never went in because we found a dress at David's Bridal, but it is another option to look into! 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had an issue with the dresses my girls bought. We are now trying to sell them we have 3 dresses in a light royal blue color halter top style by Liz Fields. They haven't been altered. If you are interested let me know :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DeadUtopiaDeadUtopia member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think BM dresses are ridiculously overpriced!! I want floor length for my girls but I wanted to keep it under $120 (which I think is reasonable) but it seems impossible! If you have the time, you could wait til prom season, or maybe pick a design and consult w/ a seamstress. If it's a simple design, it might not be too much to have it custom made. That's what I think I'm going to do closer to my wedding date.
  • Options
    saraohairasaraohaira member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bella bridesmaids is VERY NICE..its just also VERY expensive! they are appointment only but they have the most amazing dresses!!! its just kinda out of my bridesmaids budgets so im thinking of my sister just paying for her dresses and opting to choose nicer wallet priced dresses for my other girls

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you on overpriced bridesmaids dresses! My girls ordered some and then when we got them in they were not what we expected. The store wouldn't take them back so my girls were out 140$. We decided to go to White House/Black Market and we found great dresses on sale for 80$. I think now a days you can find very nice dresses for bridesmaids at stores like WHBM, and Express for half the price! Something to consider. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the tips!  I'll be sure to check out the places you ladies mentioned.  Three of my five BM and I loved a particular dress until we found out the price... $289!!!  Seriously?  I'll keep looking though :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards