Wedding Party
Options

Gifts

I am getting married in June and trying to finalize everything. I have already decide what I am getting my BM and my flower girl. I cannot think of something to get for my ring bearer. He is 8. Any ideas?

Also, I am stumped on what to get my fiance for a gift as well. My mom says to get him something sentimental that can be engraved, but I want to get him something he will use and like. Any ideas?

Re: Gifts

• Options
    haha- Good call Stina!

I thought you could download books wirelessly?  If you are at a hotel can't you pick up their wi-fi?
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Buy your RB a toy that he'd like.  If you're still stumped, send your FI to the store.  My FI buys his nephews all the toys he'd want and it always goes over well.

As for your FI, what would you buy him if it was his birthday?  I think the bluray player is a great idea.

Maybe stop running your ideas by your mom.  It's great that she likes sentimental presents, but they're not for everyone, and I'm not a fan of the way she's trashing your ideas because they don't fit into her idea of what the presents "should" be.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    The PS3 I bought on Black Friday is probably FI's favorite thing I've ever given him.  He's enjoyed all of the other gifts, but he loves that machine to bits.  Trust your gut, get him something he'll love.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I thought about the Kindle because I have one and love it ut he likes to be able to feel and smell the book.... I know it's weird. I talked to his best friend and he made a pretty good suggestion.

At some point when we can we are going on a cruise for out honeymoon. On the cruise you can do an excursion that is a zip line. He suggested making somehting that was like a coupon that says he is getting to do that. What do y'all think?

For the RB I think a toy is the way to go. I just have to figure out what toy...
  • Options
    I just recently went ziplining and it was really fun!  The only issue with that present is that it's not something tangible that he can keep, but an experience.  It's up to you whether that matters or not.

Do you know what your RB likes?  Our nephew just turned 8 and we bought him a game for his Leapster, which he loves.  I'm not sure of your budget, but I think the Leapster retails for around $60.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I think it was Meg whose FI took the ring bearer (his nephew) out for the day.  He bought him lunch, took him shopping to pick out a toy for his gift, and generally had "guy time" with him.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards