Wedding Party

WPBP of the day

How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all?

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?

Do you believe in karma?
Sunbonnet or cone of shame? You be the judge! Trixie's Blog
My Planning Bio
My Married Bio updated March 4

Re: WPBP of the day

• How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?Not that often really. Maybe 3-4 times? It was always with E girls.
    Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? cake is better, cupcake is better, and yes ice cream always trumps those for me.
    Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?I asked the question really because I want to know the answer. I think I've had the key lime pie one but I don't think it tasted like a pie. 
    Do you believe in karma Oh yes. I always feel like if you don't help someone it will come back. I also feel like if you're having an amazing day, you're due for a crappy day.
    My Planning Bio
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot? Once on E.  It was mild, I was rambling abotu something stupid and one girl was like "Uh, why do we care?"  That was it.

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? Cake.  Cake is awesome.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good? Yes, I've tried them.  I like lemon meringe pie and strawberry shortcake, and apple turnover.  The others I don't like.

Do you believe in karma? Absolutely.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?
    Never seriously. Just the mild "I wouldn't do that, it's not proper etiquette" but never the "omg you suck as a person" kind of thing. One poster did accuse me of lying about something, which was stupid because it's something I can easily prove.

cupcakes over cake (I make awesome cherry cola float cupcakes I can't get enough of). But I'll always choose ice cream over the two.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?
    I don't like yogurt. The only ones I've ever had are basic flavors.

Do you believe in karma?
    Not sure. Sometimes I think it's a bunch of bull, other times I really hope it's real because I like to think that bad people get what's coming to them in the end.
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?  Only once it was pretty mild, and I earned it.  I'm also new here so I'm sure I'll get my turn.

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all?  Cake is better because there's more of it and depending on my mood sometimes ice cream trumps cake (especially cookies and cream).

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?  My feelings on this: those flavors might be good if they had REAL sugar.  I despise yogart with artificial sweeteners, no matter how hard I try I can't eat them.  Those flavors don't come in the low fat version :(

Do you believe in karma?  Yes I do.
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?  I don't think really flamed but one time one rather obnoxious girl from my local board quoted me and simply wrote ::golf clap:: in response. Ha. That was about it, though.

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all?  OMG - I love them all! (Except for ice cream for some reason - meh. But give me cookies and cupcakes and cake in that order, I think.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?  I have not tried but am curious...

Do you believe in karma?  I most certainly do!
    The Bump ate my signature. DD - Apr 2011 DS - expected June 2013
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:81eaac97-0826-46ad-ba57-9c1093d88f30">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? cupcakes over cake (I make awesome cherry cola float cupcakes I can't get enough of).
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Um, recipe?!?!?!?!? 
  • emilyinchileemilyinchile member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot? Honestly, I don't think I have...that I know of at least.

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? Cake (as Aecapelli said, because there is more of it!), cupcake, and ice cream comes third.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good? No, they kind of frighten me.

Do you believe in karma? Not really. DH does though.
    With my old name, I got it quite a bit on NEY and (P&)E.  New name, quite a few times on E.  First time when people followed me to my local and jumped all over me, yea that sucked.  Now I'm just whatever about it. I do have to say though, I know these boards are open to anyone anywhere, and all of them are.  But when someone deliberately clicks on a name to find where the person posts to follow them and harass them= not cool.  Also, when someone gives a heads up on another knottie to what they are saying on another board to create gossip and drama=also not cool.

Good cake is amazing.  But, can I go with a Pizookie?!

I have tried quite a few of them.  Most are pretty good, but I do not think they taste quite like what they say they are.

Do you believe in karma?
    Yes I do.  I wish I would see more "coming around" to those who deserve it though.  I think there are a lot of good people who just get a crapload of stuff dumped on them and do not deserve it.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?  Way back in the very begining, I got flamed by the old regs on AFSB ... but it wasn't for anything WR, I just tried to join a random discussion that looked interesting, and they all basically told me "F*ck off, you're not allowed here". I actually was terrified to post anywhere else for a long time after that. It happened when I first joined, the next time I posted was here and it was after we'd set a date (Which was a gap of well over a year).

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? My mom's cupcakes trump absolutely everything in the universe. But taking them out of the equation cupcakes beat cake, cookies beat cupcakes ... ice cream beats them both only if it contains cake or cookie ingredients.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good?  I have not ... but the Key Lime pie ones have peeked my interest. I really liked this Strawberry Mousse one I had once.

Do you believe in karma? Oh, hell yeah.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:cb310745-33a7-4fa5-8335-ba84fbad4a43">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Um, recipe?!?!?!?!? 
    Posted by CTGirl30[/QUOTE]

Send me a PM so I remember your name (I'm out of town this weekend and by the time I get back this post will likely be lost among dozens of others), and I'll get you the recipe. It's at home and I won't be back there until Sunday.

off-hand all I remember is white cake mix, cherries, cherry cola, and whipped cream. But they are friggin amazing, every time there is a party people ask me to make them.
  • OMG - sounds amazing. I will send you a PM from home later - for some reason my work computer won't let me PM other Knotties!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:75d5277c-895c-4354-8417-fc3023e5fe0b">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Send me a PM so I remember your name (I'm out of town this weekend and by the time I get back this post will likely be lost among dozens of others), and I'll get you the recipe. It's at home and I won't be back there until Sunday. off-hand all I remember is white cake mix, cherries, cherry cola, and whipped cream. But they are friggin amazing, every time there is a party people ask me to make them.
    Posted by Seshat411[/QUOTE]

Ooh, those sound really good ... I believe I will also be PM you for that later as well.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot? I think twice. But nothing ever horrible. 

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? It really depends on what I am in the mood for. Most often, cake over everything else.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good? Not a big fan of yogurt.

Do you believe in karma? Eh, sometimes it is a good thought but I don't really think about it much.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    I don't think I've been flamed at all.  I'm sure my time is coming though.

Cake.  Cookie.  Ice cream in a cakey cookie sandwich trumps all.

Nah.  I stick to strawberry and blueberry.

Do you believe in karma?
    Yes.  But then again bad sh!t is bound to happen to everyone.

Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot? I haven't really been flamed.  I posted something on some board and someone insulted my old siggy pic, but that was it.  My first post on here I got a lot of bluntness, some random girl came to my defense, and then SHE got the brunt of it for coming back and fighting it after I had already gotten the point, admitted it, and gotten out.

Which is better cake or cupcake? Cupcake or cookie? Does ice cream trump all? eh, most of the time I have to really be in the mood for sweet stuff like that.  My mom's chocolate cake trumps all, though.

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good? I haven't had yogurt in a long time, but I did really like the strawberry cheesecake one.

Do you believe in karma? Yes.  A lot of times I wish I didn't have to wait around for it, though. 
  • How many times would you say you've been flamed on the knot?   none that I can think of.

Which is better cake or cupcake? cake
    Cupcake or cookie? cookie
    Does ice cream trump all? no, unless it's ice cream with cookies!

Have you ever tried those crazy yogurt flavors (boston creme pie, red velvet cake)? Do they actually taste good? I like the key lime pie and white chocolate raspberry

Do you believe in karma? sometimes I do, sometimes I don't
    I've been flamed my fair share - which some of which I deserved.  Being villainized - not deserved.

Cake over cupcake; cupcake over cookie.  No, ice cream does not trump all - but that largely depends on the flavor.

AACK - no! I stick with the basics, peach and vanilla. 

Do you believe in karma?
    I believe that things will happen in the way they were meant to happen for good or for worse.
  • bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:39d2b7cc-458f-4002-84fe-b504c588c114">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE] But, can I go with a Pizookie?!
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah!  Pizookies trump all!  I miss them -- no BJ's in my neck o' the woods. :(
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:699364f2-783f-4d9c-bd6c-4886c774449f">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE] Being villainized - not deserved. 
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

<div>I never knew this....</div>
    My Planning Bio
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:0bb62e28-8f0d-48e1-96bc-4df736aefb0e">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : Oh yeah!  Pizookies trump all!  I miss them -- no BJ's in my neck o' the woods. :(
    Posted by bbyckes[/QUOTE]

My woods either :(  BUT, I make a big batch of choc chip cookie dough and put it in a couple quart size freezer bags and freeze so I can make a pizooke whenever I want.  I get a small pot pie sized pie pan, scoop a little dough, and bake a few mins, then add a scoop of vanilla bean.   YUM
  • That makes sense.  I really loved the Macadamia Nut ones.  Oh, one of the many reasons to love living in So Cal. Oh well...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:fec8942a-8fab-408d-8e14-cb6cd6b99e32">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: WPBP of the day : I never knew this....
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

It seems to be pretty much all the E board can talk about.
  • Really? I haven't checked it out over there in some time. I am curious as to WHAT could possibly make you be bad? Do you feel like sharing?
    My Planning Bio
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_wpbp-of-day-116?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:cdab5b11-bf69-4ce4-b05b-0f0ff2c449a9Post:e8030a33-f34f-4573-80b6-fd61e6bac29d">Re: WPBP of the day</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really? I haven't checked it out over there in some time. I am curious as to WHAT could possibly make you be bad? Do you feel like sharing?
    Posted by stina93446[/QUOTE]

:(
  • Check out the bbyckes thread on SB or the Bullying thread on E.

It has been rehashed to death over the past 2 months.  Either someone here will summarize or I can PM you.  I don't really feel comfortable talking about it in the open anymore. 

I thought you were joking.  I figured it had infested every board outside of the ones I consider nominal like Attire and the themed boards, haha.

Stina, you made me smile a little.  Thanks for that! :) 
  • I was going to recap, but I feel like it's not my story to share. And honestly, even without being a reg on E, I'm sick of it too. FWIW, I don't think anyone on here has any idea what you're talking about, and it's never been brought up.
  • I'll check out the threads just to get the backstory, but I PMed you back.
    My Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards