Wedding Party

Who pays?

Do I need to pay for the bridesmaid dresses or is that something the bridesmaids will expect to buy themselves? And if I don't pay how do I let them know I won't be footing the bill? I chose a color and am going to let them pick any knee-length dress in that color at alfred angelo. I want them to be able to wear a dress they feel comfortable/pretty in and accessorize it to show their personalities. I'm not a fan of clone bridesmaids myself.

Should I just say  something like "if you buy them before this date they are on sale and you can save yourself some money if that's important to you". Or do I just say "let me know what dress you chose when you order it". Ugh, just cringed as I wrote that.

FYI I have 4 bridesmaids, 1 of whom had me in her wedding and paid for all the bridesmaids' dresses. 

It is my understanding this is something they will expect to buy themselves but I just wanted some feedback to make sure before asking them.

Re: Who pays?

• I've only ever been in a bridal party for my mom's vow renewal a few months ago and she paid for the dress, but if I friend asked me to be in a wedding party I'd expect to pay for it myself.
    HOWEVER, I am getting married next september at a Renaissance Fair and having a themed wedding and my MOH is helping me to sew the dresses the bridesmaids are wearing. The bridesmaids are all chosing their pattern and then we are making them with my wedding colors. Because it's costuming, and it's something most of them probably won't wear again I am paying for it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards