Wedding Party

Controlling bridesmaid

Hi everyone
I am hoping for a little advice. I don't know if I should intervene, or just let things be. My maid of honor is trying really hard to plan a bridal shower and bachlorette that takes into consideration the budgets of the other bridesmaids. The maid of honor is my best friend, and she is pretty much by herself in this area with no other real friends around. She is trying not to vent to me because she doesn't want to stress me out, but she also doesn't have anyone else that she can really talk to. I guess one of the bridesmaids keeps giving her a hard time with the bridal shower and bachlorette planning. The MOH sent an email out to everyone with some ideas and asking the girls for their feedback and any ideas that they had. They didn't really offer up any ideas, but one of the bridesmaids was arguing about the price for the bachlorette. Basically it would have been around $200 per bridesmaid.
So MOH tried coming up with other ideas and that one particular bridesmaid kept fighting her on it. So MOH let things be for a little bit, to let things cool down and certain bridesmaid then started emailing her non stop as to what she was planning to do because she hadn't heard from her and needs to know the plan. She also emailed all the other girls and cc'd the MOH asking the girls if they had heard from MOH because she hadn't and that things need to get moving... MOH is getting overwhelmed. When she sent ideas out the first time and asked for feedback/ideas, no one really responded, just said ok to her plan. Except the one that was arguing about money. Now, the one arguing about money is the one that actually assigned herself to be a bridesmaid btw. Me as her friend and because I am a peace keeper, decided "what the heck, let her be in it"  But I had no idea that she would turn out to be this controlling.
MOH decided that rather than ask for ideas/opinions, she would just book something, seeing that no one was giving her any real feedback anyway, and is paying for the majority of everything so that the girls don't give her a hard time. She sent an email to everyone with the plans and no one has responded. I don't have all of the details about everything because like I said, the MOH does not want to cause me any stress. (too late) Also, this particular bridesmaid emailed everyone to do a get together at her house so that we can all meet and get to know eachother before the wedding (because not everyone knows each other) and I was talking to my MOH today and asked if she received the email and she had no idea what I was talking about. I checked with the rest of the wedding party, and they all received them. So turns out, she did not invite the MOH
I have no idea what to do about this situation. Never in a million years did I think this would go on between the wedding party. My wedding is in two and a half months. I don't know if I should talk to this bridesmaid about what is going on. It's really stressing me out. I want everyone to get along.
Thanks in advance

Re: Controlling bridesmaid

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_controlling-bridesmaid?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:d37738a3-9a43-4d4e-98ef-bc1e763f3d17Post:07919ddd-be0d-4b80-bb17-06eadfff879b">Controlling bridesmaid</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone I am hoping for a little advice. I don't know if I should intervene, or just let things be. My maid of honor is trying really hard to plan a bridal shower and bachlorette that takes into consideration the budgets of the other bridesmaids. The maid of honor is my best friend, and she is pretty much by herself in this area with no other real friends around. She is trying not to vent to me because she doesn't want to stress me out, but she also doesn't have anyone else that she can really talk to. I guess one of the bridesmaids keeps giving her a hard time with the bridal shower and bachlorette planning. The MOH sent an email out to everyone with some ideas and asking the girls for their feedback and any ideas that they had. They didn't really offer up any ideas, but one of the bridesmaids was arguing about the price for the bachlorette. Basically it would have been around $200 per bridesmaid. So MOH tried coming up with other ideas and that one particular bridesmaid kept fighting her on it. So MOH let things be for a little bit, to let things cool down and certain bridesmaid then started emailing her non stop as to what she was planning to do because she hadn't heard from her and needs to know the plan. She also emailed all the other girls and cc'd the MOH asking the girls if they had heard from MOH because she hadn't and that things need to get moving... MOH is getting overwhelmed. When she sent ideas out the first time and asked for feedback/ideas, no one really responded, just said ok to her plan. Except the one that was arguing about money. Now, the one arguing about money is the one that actually assigned herself to be a bridesmaid btw. Me as her friend and because I am a peace keeper, decided "what the heck, let her be in it"  But I had no idea that she would turn out to be this controlling. MOH decided that rather than ask for ideas/opinions, she would just book something, seeing that no one was giving her any real feedback anyway, and is paying for the majority of everything so that the girls don't give her a hard time. She sent an email to everyone with the plans and no one has responded. I don't have all of the details about everything because like I said, the MOH does not want to cause me any stress. (too late) Also, this particular bridesmaid emailed everyone to do a get together at her house so that we can all meet and get to know eachother before the wedding (because not everyone knows each other) and I was talking to my MOH today and asked if she received the email and she had no idea what I was talking about. I checked with the rest of the wedding party, and they all received them. So turns out, she did not invite the MOH I have no idea what to do about this situation. Never in a million years did I think this would go on between the wedding party. My wedding is in two and a half months. I don't know if I should talk to this bridesmaid about what is going on. It's really stressing me out. I want everyone to get along. Thanks in advance
    Posted by jennamar33[/QUOTE]

I'd just decline the bachelorette party at this point, so you're not forcing people to spend money that they're not intrested in spending.  It sounds like it's just become more drama than it's worth, and you'll be just as married without one.  As far as the MOH and BM, stay out of it.  Your WP is not a new social group; they don't have to be friends, or even like each other. All they need to do is be grown up and civil enough to get through the rehearsal and ceremony.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Decline the bachelorette or just tell MOH that you want a night out for dinner and drinks. 

As far as the 'get to know each other thing goes,' I'd just say, "It's so nice of you to do that.   What time can MOH and I be there?"

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards